Reintroduction of National Concealed Carry Bill

This is a discussion on Reintroduction of National Concealed Carry Bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rep. Hostettler to Introduce Concealed Carry Bill this Week -- Please urge your Rep. to cosponsor his bill Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert 8001 ...

Thread: Reintroduction of National Concealed Carry Bill

Rep. Hostettler to Introduce Concealed Carry Bill this Week
    -- Please urge your Rep. to cosponsor his bill

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408 http://www.gunowners.org

Rep. John Hostettler (R-IN) will soon be reintroducing his national reciprocity bill that protects the right of citizens to carry their firearms into other states.

Hostettler's language has a huge advantage over other reciprocity-type bills in that it does not punish states for being too pro-gun. His bill would not penalize citizens from states like Alaska and Vermont, because his proposal doesn't require a citizen to first get a permit to enjoy reciprocity in another state.

Most carry bills in Congress seek to establish reciprocity ONLY between gun control states. These bills force people to jump through officially-mandated hurdles and get carry permits before they can carry firearms into neighboring states.

But now that more and more states are debating whether to adopt Alaska/Vermont style carry laws, it is important that the federal government NOT penalize citizens from those states.

Rep. Hostettler's bill, known as the Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act, is just what America needs. His draft would allow law-abiding citizens who can legally carry in their home state -- even without a permit -- to carry all across the country.

And, of course, for those gun owners who already HAVE concealed carry permits, the SAFE Act will provide complete nationwide reciprocity.

ACTION: Please ask your Representative to cosponsor Rep. Hostettler's concealed carry bill, the Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement
    (SAFE) Act of 2005. This bill -- which will probably be introduced on Thursday, so it doesn't yet have a bill number! -- will guarantee Americans the ability to carry firearms from one state into the next.

You can visit the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm to send your Representative a pre-written e-mail message.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Red face

Good ole Indiana! Home of John Dillinger. When I retired from Navy in 93', I got hired to a company in Ft. Wayne....finding out they had carry permits, I applied! Filled out a 2 page questionaire at the Sheriff's office, paid my $10.00 (ten dollars!) and got my permit about a month later. That was it!

Just hope it passes and they dont try to tack anything onto it

I hear ya Bud. My understanding is that this bill is going to be pushed hard this year and it's something that we should get behind in it's pure form. But as you can imagine, it will be met with plenty of opposition from the anti-gunners, and knowing their tactics, they will attempt to weigh it down with so much unacceptable crap, that it could become worthless and will have to be pulled to fight another day.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

just sent a notice to my State Rep. Good looking out and keeping us in the loop.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Sponsored Links