Nm,tx,ok,mo

Nm,tx,ok,mo

This is a discussion on Nm,tx,ok,mo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, just like some info. I will be traveling to Missouri this summer. I will be traveling through NM,TX,OK,MO from AZ. I would like ...

Thread: Nm,tx,ok,mo

Nm,tx,ok,mo

Hey everyone, just like some info. I will be traveling to Missouri this summer. I will be traveling through NM,TX,OK,MO from AZ. I would like to know what the laws for CC in these states are. Also need to know how to carry in my car, at rest stops, restaurant, gas stations. Can't wait for VACATION
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

handgunlaw.us should give you all the necessary information

Enjoy Vacation

just the quick and dirty rundown of Missouri's laws:

-MO recognizes any valid CCW from any other state.

-you can carry a loaded handgun concealed in the passenger compartment of the car. It doesn't matter whether it's on your person or not.

-someone with a CCW-permit can carry any knife (except automatics and butterfly-knives) and any impact weapons.

-the "no guns allowed" signs don't really mean anything unless the location is specifically prohibited (schools, airports, gov. buildings, etc.)

-you are not required to inform LE that you are carrying.

For any other info you need, here's the link to MO's revised-statutes

http://www.moga.state.mo.us/statutes...rs/chap571.htm
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Thanks go glock awsome site. Hey KenpoTex so what your saying is my Kershaw with assisted opening is illegal in MO.
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    Thanks go glock awsome site. Hey KenpoTex so what your saying is my Kershaw with assisted opening is illegal in MO.
    No, the only knives illegal to carry if you have your CCW are "switchblades" defined as
    (18) "Switchblade knife" means any knife which has a blade that folds or closes into the handle or sheath, and

(a) That opens automatically by pressure applied to a button or other device located on the handle; or

(b) That opens or releases from the handle or sheath by the force of gravity or by the application of centrifugal force.
    Kershaws and most other assissted opening knives open via pressure applied to either a thumb-stud, or a tab/flipper that is part of the blade. Your Kershaw is good to go.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Bullseye

Texas should be real easy for you, we accept your CHL here.

1. If you get stopped by a LEO and he asks for ID and you are carrying you must give your CHL at the time of the request. (I know some people don't like the "for your safety and mine" line but I was taught it during my CHL class so I use it.

2. You can not carry in a school or at any organized sporting events.

3. You can not carry in a facility that makes 51% or more on booze, if they do they must post a sign that has 51% on it.

4. You can not carry in any place that has the following sign in letters that are 1 inch or higher and on contrasting colors:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

and yes it has to be in both English and Spanish.

5. Concealed means concealed. On your person or in your car make sure it is concealed.

That is basically it.

Did I miss anything guys??
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post

-the "no guns allowed" signs don't really mean anything unless the location is specifically prohibited (schools, airports, gov. buildings, etc.)
    If you carry at a posted location, the worse that can happed is to be charged with trespassing if you do not comply after being asked to leave. Is that also true of the places specifically prohibited?

New Mexico is gun friendly.

Your car is concidered like your residence.........your may conceal your weapon any way you choose......I'd keep it loaded in my belly pack.........that's how I travle.

You do not have to tell if stopped.

A firearm in any place that sells alcohol is a felony so leave it in the car at the gas stations that sell alcohol.

Have fun travel safe,

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Did I miss anything guys??
    Besides the 51% and the 30.06 signs, I saw a third type last year in Fort Davis, it was on the front of a little grocery store selling beer. I can't recall the exact text but it was something like "possession of firearm illegal for on-premises consumption of alcohol". Maybe it was aimed at people who buy beer and hang around drinking in the parking lot...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Besides the 51% and the 30.06 signs, I saw a third type last year in Fort Davis, it was on the front of a little grocery store selling beer. I can't recall the exact text but it was something like "possession of firearm illegal for on-premises consumption of alcohol". Maybe it was aimed at people who buy beer and hang around drinking in the parking lot...
    that sign is from old law, no longer in effect, there are only 3 kinds of signs that hold any legal weight: 51%-business sells alcohol for on-premesis consumption, 30.06-no CCW on the premesis, and the 'NOTICE' signs that say UNLICENSED possesion of firearm in the building is a felony (this last one is required of places that sell alcohol for on-premesis consumption but don't make 51% or more of profit from it)
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Just want to thank everyone for all the infno. very helpful, Bullseye

VIP Member
    Well, Oklahoma is easy. We accept all valid permits. We are a Castle Doctrine state. And, we don't have any surprising rules. All signs are valid, but to the best guess of everyone, including my attorney, all they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse you can get in trouble for trespass, etc.

You must inform a police officer you are carrying if stopped. Other than that, it is smooth sailing.

One word of advice. I assume you'll come into Oklahoma on I-40. You'll get on I-35 going north and either take that into Kansas and head east or stay on it until you get to the KC area-- or you will probably take I-44 east into SW MO. Either way, when you get on I-35 north, you're sitting in the middle of a speed trap. The speed limit is only 60 mph for a short distance, and the Oklahoma City PD and Oklahoma County SO tend to sit on the northern and southern ends of the 60 mph zone.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Zebra I think Anubis was talking about that third one which was never discussed in the CHL class I was in and the first time I saw one at HEB it threw me for a loop until I read it carefully.
    Last edited by Timmy Jimmy; April 1st, 2007 at 02:24 AM.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Zebra I think Anubis was talking about that third one which was never discussed in the CHL class I was in and the first time I saw one at HEB it through me for a loop until I read it carefully.
    yeah, that blue header with the word NOTICE is a big welcome sign for CHLs :)
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Sponsored Links