CO: SB 34 passed the house today

This is a discussion on CO: SB 34 passed the house today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK you can disagree with me genteelly and I will try to do the same. First of all I think the 2nd amendment is quite ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO: SB 34 passed the house today

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    OK you can disagree with me genteelly and I will try to do the same.

First of all I think the 2nd amendment is quite clear and I don't think any of us should have to have a permit for a right. A drivers license is a privilege so I understand why we need a license, but I have the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS i should not have to have a permit.

That being said however, I have never understood why a state would issue non resident CHLs and I understand why a state would not recognize them. If Texas (my home of record) will not give me a CHL why should Utah or Florida? If another state does not except my permit then my Governor and Attorney General need to step up and do what it takes to get Reciprocity.

I have written my Governor and Attorney General and asked them to do everything in their power to get Reciprocity with all 50 states and last check I can carry in 30 states and I am hoping that Nevada will come on line before Thanksgiving.

If your state's permit is not good in other states it is probably because your permit is to easy to get.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

2. Remove Ads

But what good does that do? I live in Oregon, hardly any states honor Oregon permits. I am moving to VA in a couple months with 4 kids in the car, so I got Utah permit. I can now carry in every state on my trip to VA. By your logic, me and my wife and 4 kids would be completely defenseless for 3000 miles for no good reason.
    It won't reduce crime, accidents or the deaths of cute little kittens. It won't do anything except make the dems feel good about themselves knowing they stuck it to gun owners again. Having a permit from another state doesn't hurt anything.
    Hoplophile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links