Anyone here use Heinie sights?

This is a discussion on Anyone here use Heinie sights? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone? Pros? Cons?...

Thread: Anyone here use Heinie sights?

Anyone here use Heinie sights?

Anyone?

Pros?

Cons?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    I do. That is what they are putting on the newest versions of the Taurus pistols. I have no problems with them. A lot of people cry "my gun is shooting low". No, their gun is shooting where it is pointed. Some people can get away with dot on top of dot. Others have to leave a little gap between the two dots. Once you make sighting adjustments to get it hitting where you are aiming, then it is no problem hitting what you are shooting at.
    Last edited by mech1369dlw; March 29th, 2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: correct spellling
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Ron crys - "My gun is shooting too low. :( " and I also agree that it's me. :)

The sights seem to be doing their part. I just need to get use to them and the gun (Taurus pt145).

Ron
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

The "Straight Eights" require a little getting used to. I consistently shot low with mine until I figured out that (for me at least) the dots didn't need to be touching. After that it became a matter of practice.

I'm hoping to make a trip to the range this weekend to practice using mine in low light. I haven't installed them on my carry weapon yet, but if I continue to have good experiences with them, I'll probably do it.

Took me a couple of hundred rounds through the new Taurus 1911 before I really began to get a feel for them. Still not great with them, but I blame human error, not the sights. They are easy to pick up and aquire with, I just need to get more comfortable with them.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Ahhh... I'll take fault for shooting low with these but now I know why my PT145 was shooting to the left.

The rear sight was not centered on the slide. Was a smidgeon too far left. Adjusted last night will try out this weekend.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

i have gotten used to them on my millenium pro 9mm and actually like them. i did shoot low at first but it only took a couple trips to the range to grow fond of them. keith

OD*
    I have the Heinie-Trijicon front sights on two pistols, like them very well.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

taurus 24/7 sights

I had a Taurus 24/7 pro with heinie sights on it, sold it because of them and a few other things. I tried painting in the white dots and for me it actually improved my groups. Unfortunately, the sights still did not quite cut it for me. In the end, 3 dot or black silhouette are the best in my opinion.

Links