SB 1651.....Tennessee restaurant carry

This is a discussion on SB 1651.....Tennessee restaurant carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association email alert: SB 1651 Jackson HB 1118* Buck CRIMINAL LAW: Possession of handguns where alcohol is served. Allows a person ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB 1651.....Tennessee restaurant carry

SB 1651.....Tennessee restaurant carry

From TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association email alert:
    SB 1651
    Jackson
    HB 1118*
    Buck
    CRIMINAL LAW: Possession of handguns where alcohol is served. Allows a person holding a handgun permit to possess a handgun on premises where alcoholic beverages are served, so long as said person is not consuming alcohol and so long as the owner of the premises had not posted a notice prohibiting such possession.
    TCA Secs. 39-17-1300; 39-17-1305

Senate Status: Referred to Senate Judiciary.
    House Status: Referred to House Judiciary Criminal Practice Subcommittee.
    If passed, we could carry into restaurants where alcohol is served. The person carrying couldn't drink which I completely agree with but we wouldn't have to give up our right to protect our families just so we can go out to eat at someplace other than a fast food dive.

Write to your state reps and tell them to vote for this bill and to get it passed! Demand it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Thats a good deal if it passes. I'll be in knoxville this summer. Thanks for the info.

VIP Member
    I met my sister in Clarksville last month and went to a pizza joint. They served beer so i had to disarm. It was a family restaraunt. I thought it was so rediculous. I really hope this passes.

That's great news Mike, hope we can get it passed this time. Unfortunately similar bills have been defeated in the past so I'm not holding out much hope. It's one of those common sense things that antis and sheep don't get - you can't get drunk just because someone on the other side of the restaurant is a beer!

Hell, even when I leave my gun locked in the car I can't have a drink anyway because I'll still be in control of a firearm as soon as we leave the restaurant. I'd feel much more at ease if this passes and I know the rest of our HCP holders would as well. I'll be contacting our Legislators shortly.
    Jack

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Does the bill include bars or just restaurants? In Texas you can carry in a place that serves liquor as long as they sell more food than booze. If they sell more booze they have to put a 51% sign at the front door.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

well we can all hope that it does get passed. at least then we can eat at places other than mcdonalds and still be armed.....lol

This is the same one that has passed the Senate already. It was held up in the House by our beloved speaker of the house. For three years it has been held in subcommittee because of one woman who got elected on a pro gun platform. She is no longer a member of the house. Still, biggest opposition is out of Memphis.

Good luck with this. I hate having to disarm all the time in the Smokies when I visit there. By Smokies I mean Gatlinburg, not the park.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Hey this is good news!

VIP Member
    A similar bill is on the House Judiciary Criminal Practice Subcommittee calendar for 4 April 2007 at 12 noon in LP30:

HB 0410
    Todd

CRIMINAL LAW: Handgun permit holders allowed to carry gun in restaurant. Allows person with a handgun permit who is not consuming alcohol to carry handgun in restaurant where beer or alcoholic beverages are being served subject to provisions regarding the posting of notices on property. (SENATE: SB 0714, Stanley; Referred to Senate Judiciary.) FISCAL NOTE: Dated: March 6, 2007 Decrease local govt. revenues - not significant. Decrease local govt. expenditures - not significant.

Subcommittee members: MEMBERS: Chair Sontany (D), Vice Chair Fincher (D), Bass (D), Briley (D), Matheny (R), Watson (R).

Be certain to call these members if any are your representatives. If you are a Tennessean, I have found the TFALAC Legislative Email Updates to be very informative.

That is where I got the info from Falcon. TFALAC email updates are very informative.

I and my whole family are members of the TFA and we attend the meetings here in Shelby County.

I hate that the resistance to the common sense gun laws are mostly from the County that I live in. Either this County needs to pull its collective head out or I need to move the family to the middle or East end of the state. Heck, it's prettier in those parts of the state anyway.

I think I'll go check a few places on the web for job postings in my field in the Eastern end of the state.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member

Sig P239...

Come on East! We'd love to have you!

Even if it does pass I think that most restaraunt owners will just posts signs prohibiting carry. Good old sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    If passed, we could carry into restaurants where alcohol is served. The person carrying couldn't drink which I completely agree with but we wouldn't have to give up our right to protect our families just so we can go out to eat at someplace other than a fast food dive.

Write to your state reps and tell them to vote for this bill and to get it passed! Demand it.

A common sense law that should be in place in all CCW states

Good step in the right direction. In Minnesota, you can carry in bars/restaurants and have a drink up to .04 (1/2 of a driver) and does not matter the % of alcohol served.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links