Trying to find a good way...

This is a discussion on Trying to find a good way... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trying to find a good way to keep my pistola handy when loafing around house (Probably mostly sitting on the couch). I know, I know, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a good way...

Trying to find a good way...

Trying to find a good way to keep my pistola handy when loafing around house (Probably mostly sitting on the couch). I know, I know, best to keep it holstered on me, but what if i want to sit around in a loose pair of shorts,or pajamas,or speedos, or whatever. These wont hold a holster, I tried making a holster holder that i thought would be inconspicuous behind the couch, but it's really visible at any height that I can quickly reach it. What do you guys do?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Short answer is we do our best . and without more info we cannot help you do yours lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Shoulder rig?

Acquaintance tied a leather boot lace around the handle of his preferred pistola, slid said hardware under the sofa with the boot lace just visible. A tug on the string, he said, and the situation, or at least the Persuasive Speaker, is quickly in hand.

Under or behind a seat cushion, or under a pillow on your sofa.

Re-engineer a sofa pillow so it has an opening into which your hardware can be inserted; simply slide your hand in to bring it out.

I got all kind of good ideas. Most of them aren't worth much, though.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

speedo?

Smart Carry...works great for lounging around in shorts, sweats, whatever. No belt required, distributes the weight well and can be rotated to one side or the other for increased comfort when sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by fludy12 View Post
    Smart Carry...works great for lounging around in shorts, sweats, whatever. No belt required, distributes the weight well and can be rotated to one side or the other for increased comfort when sitting.

Bingo!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I went out and purchased several GunVaults which I have secured in the different levels of my house. Each has a go to gun and are easily accessible when in the rooms mostly occupied. They dont take long to open (just push four finger buttons) and have worked well for me and their secure enough that someone would have to rip four 1/2" bolts outta studs to take the box with them.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

smart carry is it. When I get out of my double thick gun belt and IWB holster in the house, I put on the smart carry under sweats or shorts. Easy and comfortable. If you look at the video of the escapee in Ohio, it only took him 2 - 3 kicks to breach the house. That is about 2 - 3 seconds. Gotta have your defensive arms available at all times, especially in your house (which you consider a safe place).

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Duct Tape.

Shave First.......
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

re gunvault. I like the idea for those in the family who do not want to be as "prepared" as me. I have one, but am still waiting for my lovely wife to give me a combination that shee wants and will remember.

If I get her onboard, I will have one gunvault for every floor, plus me carrying whilst in the house. IWB or smartcarry.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    When awake at home, I always keep a pistol on me. OWB, IWB, SmartCarry, I use them all.

Thanks all, it sounds like the smartcarry is the winner here. I have a gunvault next to the bed, but like the man said, if I'm sitting on the couch and joe dirtbag kicks in the door, I might have to be on my feet before i can access the vault. Worse even, if I'm getting more milk and cookies from the kitchen. I like the carry option.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

1+ for smartcarry in this situation. For me it's the best with sweats or gym shorts. No one wants to see me in a Speedo, though.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

VIP Member
    When I started carrying I changed my mode of dress. Everything I wear except underwear has belt loops and everyone has a belt in it when I wear it. My shorts that I put on first thing in the morning during warm weather are blue jeans. In the winter time I put on insulated blue jeans. In the in between I put on blue jeans. I quit wearing sweats and athletic shorts. When I put on shorts, jeans, insulated jeans, pants for work the holster goes on and the pistol goes into the holster. At this moment I am wearing my K&D Laredo Defender with the S&W 1066 in it. At other times I wear the Paddle Defender with the SIG P239 357SIG.

I am still trying to find the perfect item for the wife. Women's clothes just don't have the belt possibilities. Need something so she can carry Taurus 44 Ten while at home.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links