What do you do when . . .

This is a discussion on What do you do when . . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Asked this on the KS forum; thought I would get a bigger sample. Was in a Public Rest Room the other day and noticed that ...

View Poll Results: What do you do with your EDC when seated in a Public Rest Room

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove from holster and place in pants between legs

40 33.61%
  • Remove from holster and place on TP holder or other device in stall

16 13.45%
  • Leave it in the holster (can't see that much of it anyway)

35 29.41%
  • I carry in a shoulder rig/belly band

3 2.52%
  • I carry in a pocket

8 6.72%
  • Don't use public rest tooms

15 12.61%
  • Like you PM, wonder what to do

2 1.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when . . .

PM [OP]

What do you do when . . .

Asked this on the KS forum; thought I would get a bigger sample.

Was in a Public Rest Room the other day and noticed that if I had been carrying (can't, still waiting on KS AG) that my gun would have been seen by any one walking into the can. Belt line below the stall wall. What do you all do when nature calls in public and one must use the public RR?

2. Remove Ads

Option 2 for me. I figure it is quick access if needed and there is now way I would forget it there. Checking holster before leaving the stall is as natural as putting on shoes before leaving the house. It just happens, no ifs ands or buts.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Depends on what holster I'm using. If I'm off duty them I place it between my legs, but if I'm on duty and using my UC Comfort then its not an issue.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    Only if I really have to use a public restroom, I place my weapon in my pants or on top of the TP dispenser if it's big enough!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Have never had to actually sit outside of office or home, but would leave it in the holster as I carry IWB, so it it naturally going to be sitting inside the jeans if that ever happens.

At home or the office, I just simply place it on the counter in the bathroom, leaving the holster where it is, then reholstering when done.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

usually just keep paddle holster on and keep a hand on it so it doesnt make the trip down.

My first thought and most accurate answer is I try not to use public restrooms, as a general rule.
    Beyond that though there have been rare times when I've just had to go and am too far from home to hold it. With times like that I'll most often leave the gun holstered because it's safest that way.
    If though for some odd reason I'm in an area where the floors are very visible then I will unholster the mag and sidearm then place them both behind me on the lid of the commode at dead center position.

Removal has been necessary I'd say less than 10 times in just over 15 years of on and off concealed carry.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    All of the above depends on the terrain and the situation.

I Never...

let the gun leave my person, ie., set on toilte, sink, tp roll, etc...
    I take the weapon from its holster and put it my pocket.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If I'm out and caught in such an indelicate situation the IWB bends in towards the inside of my pants and I put my ball cap over it.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

I carry in an IWB at about 3-3:30 so when I drop trau, the gun sits by my right knee.

I usually hold on to it while I'm going (not because I'm afraid I'll need it, but to support the weight to keep the pants from sliding down more).

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    I try for a stall that is out of the line of site of any one walking into the restroom and leave it in the holster. I would realy hate to walk out of a stall with it still on the TP holder.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

PM [OP]
    I sat and looked at where in the world I would place a gun so as to be out of sight. I thought of the white hammack between my legs. I also thought about the tp holder in that it was large enough to have support the gun I will EDC, when ever the AG gets around to saying I can carry. The only problem I see with the TP holder or the back of the toilet is forgetting

I also thought about the handicapped stall; usually to the back of the room and has less visibillity.

Still awaiting more wisdom
    Last edited by PM; April 3rd, 2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: additions

I ask someone in the room to hold it for me when I need to use the commode.

Just kidding. I hook my belt in the first hole and keep my belt just above my knees. I would never leave my gun on the TP holder or anywhere else because I am an idiot and would forget it.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

If you can take the stall next to the wall on your strongside it helps a lot. Otherwise, rebuckle your belt to hold your pants at knee level. I don't like the idea of removing the gun from the holster.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links