We have come alongways...

This is a discussion on We have come alongways... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In recent years we have come a long ways with CC. The ability to travel from one state to another while CCing is getting easier ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 6 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 3 Post By GeorgiaCarry
  • 4 Post By Gaius
  • 3 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By dV8r

Thread: We have come alongways...

We have come alongways...

In recent years we have come a long ways with CC. The ability to travel from one state to another while CCing is getting easier even without holding CC permits in other states. Looking over our Motorcycle trip this year the only State I need to avoid is IL. From what I read I can still CC as long as I don't leave the bike . But that is spitting hairs knowing how IL LE is. Looks like I'll spend my cash in Iowa and side step Il on this trip.
    Still it is nice to click on the map and see so many turn Blue.
    Bama61, FNNUT, Mike1956 and 3 others like this.

VIP Member
    We still have a lot of ground to cover , the work is endless . You just have fun and stay safe on your trip and keep the rubber to the road .
    Member of the NRA
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you want to destroy something .

VIP Member
    Your right we sure have. I travel a lot for work and love being able to cc whenever I drive. It's even nice being able to fly with my gun and cc when I get where I'm going.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

We have come a long way no doubt. However, we need to keep our eyes and ears open as the enemy is pretty relentless. There are still some states that are just downright atrocious with their actions and attitudes towards the 2nd Amendment.
    welder516 and Bar99 like this.

....but is it as far as the Founding Fathers envisioned?

GeorgiaCarry
    msgt/ret, welder516 and Ghost1958 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCarry View Post

GeorgiaCarry
    Frankly, I doubt that the Fathers ever even envisioned "gun control" as it exists today. If you told these guys that there was a serious discussion about prohibiting citizens from possessing a gun, they would probably think you are crazy. "Didn't we just fight a war over this?" might be their reply.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    --Wyatt Earp

Lot of things the founding fathers never dreamed of in this world today. We got lazy and gave up a lot of our rights or weaken them. I am just not sure if we have learned anything from it. Once you have given up something it is darn hard to get it back.
    Ghost1958, Arejay and gunpoor like this.

Distinguished Member Array dV8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    In recent years we have come a long ways with CC. The ability to travel from one state to another while CCing is getting easier even without holding CC permits in other states. Looking over our Motorcycle trip this year the only State I need to avoid is IL. From what I read I can still CC as long as I don't leave the bike . But that is spitting hairs knowing how IL LE is. Looks like I'll spend my cash in Iowa and side step Il on this trip.
    This is true of recent years, but I long for the days before 1960 when the good citizens of this country were trusted. When only those who used guns criminally were prosecuted and the individual was the culprit and not the gun.
    We have a ways to go to get back to the "good old days" of gun ownership.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

VIP Member
    Six years ago, I had licenses from three states to give me legal concealed carry in thirty seven different states. Now, my Ohio CHL makes me good in all states that generally recognize other states.
    "Denial has no survival value." David Grossman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    This is true of recent years, but I long for the days before 1960 when the good citizens of this country were trusted. When only those who used guns criminally were prosecuted and the individual was the culprit and not the gun.
    We have a ways to go to get back to the "good old days" of gun ownership.
    What happened in 1960?
    "Denial has no survival value." David Grossman

GeorgiaCarry
    Farther technically with small, accurate and high capacity hand-held concealable devices, but not even close as to what they would have envisioned as to the laws. I think they'd be quite chilled at the kinds of threats one can face, as in fearful.
    R.E.D. (Retired. Extremely. Dangerous.) From the movie with Willis, Malcovich and Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Way to denigrate all LEO in IL. The incredibly overwhelming majority of IL LEO support concealed carry, including Chicago.
    Perhaps you should talk to people who lube in IL instead of believing what you read on the net from people who have never been there.

We've come a long way in our country but ignorance still persists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaCarry
    as if the the Founders would be annoyed by gun free zones more than they would be distracted by wireless free zones . . .
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    What happened in 1960?
    I was born in November, hence the dawning of the age of the Scorpion.

I think the Mamas and the Papas did a song about it, no wait . . . sorry . It must have been the love affair between Iris and Travis Bickle.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links