Inexpensive holsters.

Inexpensive holsters.

This is a discussion on Inexpensive holsters. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My buddy made this video.... For people who won't spend more than $40 on a holster. http://www.dt-concepts.com/mg/gungrab-f.mpg...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Inexpensive holsters.

My buddy made this video....

For people who won't spend more than $40 on a holster.

http://www.dt-concepts.com/mg/gungrab-f.mpg
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

That looks very similar to my Fobus brand holster, I hope it's more durable than that. What brand, if you can mention it was used? I have tried numerous holsters for my Taurus Millenium Pro .45 and the Fobus has been the best so far...
    Tom

Rob99,
    I have heard of this happening to Fobus holsters this past weekend at a pistol class I was attending. I plan on getting rid of my Fobus paddle holster not because of the chance of being able to snap it off, but rather the paddle holster came loose during a sitting, draw and shoot drill, 2x it came out with the gun while I was sitting. Embarassing to say the least. That drill exposed a weakness I was not aware of and am now looking to remedy that.

SY

I have watched this video before.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    Fobus holsters are specifically barred from use by agents in my agency, for whatever that's worth...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The word "Fobus" is latin for piece of *****.

I have had a Fobus paddle break at one of the rivet points and a Uncle Mike's paddle protrude so far from my side that it was useless for concealed carry, even though it was advertised as such. The only kydex holsters that I use anymore is the Galco Matrix and only for range use
    For CCW I carry in leather, usually a OWB pancake with sweatshield that Jim "The Beltman" Speigal makes for me. At $50 they conceal well, don't break and look great.

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
    That looks very similar to my Fobus brand holster, I hope it's more durable than that. What brand, if you can mention it was used? I have tried numerous holsters for my Taurus Millenium Pro .45 and the Fobus has been the best so far...
    Tom
    I have a taurus mill pro in 9mm and use a Fobus paddle holster and it works good. the only problem is thst it stands out so far at the top that it will not hide under a tee shirt. It could be a good holster if it were redesigned
    Last edited by Tom G; April 4th, 2007 at 06:17 PM.

that video has been around here a few times, in all fairness fobus has corrected that problem and all of their new models have a steel reenforcement clip that holds the two parts together,

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    It sure looks like my Fobus but I only use it when I Shot IDPA because the IWB Leather is so hard to get the weapon back in without taking the holster off.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

I admit that I have not tried anything Fobus or Uncle Mike's has made in the past 2-3 years. Being an old fart I tend to be set in my ways. BTW, I misspelled Jim's last name wrong in my post. It is "Speidel " not Speigal. Sorry Jim

I have an Uncle Mikes kydex paddle. While it is, IMO, tuffer than a Fobus, it is strictly a "range" holster. With the exception of the Blackhawk CQC series of holsters and accessories, I am slowly but surely coming back to good ol' leather!

Look out cows! Here I come! I'm gonna kill ya, eat ya, and wear your skins!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Hey, if that's what you want, go for it. Personally, I used inexpensive holsters for a while, but none can compare to the comfort of my Max Con V. I paid twice the $40, but it was worth every dollar. You pays yer money and you takes yer choice. Me, I'll go with quality.

I'd have to agree with the FOBUS definition given by Glock'em Down.

me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I have a taurus mill pro in 9mm and use a Fobus paddle holster and it works good. the only problem is thst it stands out so far at the top that it will not hide under a tee shirt. It could be a good holster if it were redesigned
    My father was carrying his G27 in one tonight and I pegged it as soon as I looked it was printing so bad
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links