Are you going to the NRA Convention in St Louis

This is a discussion on Are you going to the NRA Convention in St Louis within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about going to the NRA Convention in St Louis next weekend and was wondering if anyone here was going. I have never ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to the NRA Convention in St Louis

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

I am thinking about going to the NRA Convention in St Louis next weekend and was wondering if anyone here was going.

I have never been to one before so any tips from veterans of past NRA Conventions would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Timmy Jimmy; April 6th, 2007 at 11:58 PM.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

NRA Convention

TJ,

I have thought of going for the first time this year. Money is tighter this year, I turn 65 in may, and my medical health insurance has increased from $50 a month to $330. My wife is a year younger and to keep her covered we will pay this increase until November of 2008. At that time she will also be on Medicare. This retirement thing is a little different than I thought. I love retirement, but we are not taking as many trips as she wants, and I am not buying as many guns as I want. At least I have time to shoot more. I would also like to hear from anyone who attended the annual meeting, and what their experience was.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Timmy Jimmy just wanted you to know that your permit is good in Missouri. Have fun!!!

Been to the one in Orlando a few years back. It is worth going.
    I'll be out that way, but the day AFTER the convention. Had I planned better I could have tacked on a extra day at the front end of my business trip and gotten to the convention

I'll be there.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I know this sounds weird and even if your not a partier you should play the night scene alittle. Last year on the last day of the meeting alot of the vendors go out and party. Ronnie Barrett his son and alot of the other vendors were in the hotel bar drinking it up. It was pretty awesome playing pool with all those guys. Chris Cox (director of ILA) was there and he spent the whole night playing Galaga (remember Galaga) the space invaders type video game I have never in my life seen an adult who was that good at Galaga. After the meeting closes I would not just go back to your hotel room. I would definetly go out and hang with people. I spent most of the nights out with the Legal beagles bar hopping and running into differn't vendors. They usually all put on clothing from what ever company there from and they are very approachable.

Go to the Annual meeting of members( this is separte from the exhibits) you get to see alot of how the NRA is run and you get to vote on the last board member and possible some issues. Plus anyone is allowed to bring an issue to the floor and have it voted on if it dosn't go against by-laws or if it dosn't already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    I am thinking about going to the NRA Convention in St Louis next weekend and was wondering if anyone here was going.

I have never been to one before so any tips from veterans of past NRA Conventions would be appreciated!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I'll be there.

I will also be there. Have been looking forward to the event since announced.
    Ralph
    NRA Life Member
    "Don't ever confuse being familiar with being safe."

I am surprised there are not more people going!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

I'm going

This will be the first one that I have been to also
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

My wife and I will be there. We went last year in Wisconsin and it was great. It's just like a kid going into Toys R' Us! Anybody involved in the gun industry is there with all of their toys. There are also usually some good seminars for you to learn from. I highly recommend it. Have fun.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

I will not be going but have a question for those that have been or are going.

Somewhere, somtime I was told that you are not allowed to concealed carry at the NRA convention. Surely this is not true.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

Somewhere, somtime I was told that you are not allowed to concealed carry at the NRA convention. Surely this is not true.
    Don't know about prior meetings as this is my first one but this one wil be posted as Americas Center is posted. Of course concealed does mean concealed .
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

It is posted on the BRADY website that people can not carry at an NRA Convention. I asked Cam Edwards of NRA NEWS about this last year sometimes and he said it all depends on the location. When it was in Houston they allowed CC but not last year because the place they were at would not allow carry in the convention center.

Another thread here says they are not going to allow carry in St Louis either, but I don't know I will tell you Monday when I get back.
    Timmy Jimmy

I will be wearing the same shirt and hat I have on in my picture so if you see me introduce yourself!

I will be walking the floor Saturday and Sunday.

I am going to make sure I see, Kimber, Crimson Trace, Beretta, and all the top name makers of AR-15. I am going to the Saturday "Don't be a victim" seminar.

To bad CombatCarry does not have a booth where we could all visit!
    Timmy Jimmy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links