Stopped by police

This is a discussion on Stopped by police within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SIXTO, You're on board computer can read car licenses as you are proceeding in the opposite direction? Or did I misread something into your post? ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Stopped by police

SIXTO,

You're on board computer can read car licenses as you are proceeding in the opposite direction? Or did I misread something into your post?

Sure beats calling SO dispatch and hoping the files aren't down and then waiting for info; as time hurries by.

2. Remove Ads

I just thought of another reason I will inform the LEO.

In Virginia, you are not required to inform but the permit is keyed to your vehicle tags, so when you get pulled over, the LEO will know you have a permit.

When the LEO comes up to my car and I immediately inform him that I am armed, he is getting the reaction that he originally expected and hoped for. One more step in letting him know I'm a good guy.

As was pointed out to me recently , unless it was some random stop like a sobriety check point, I am the one who initiated the stop (speeding, tail light out, etc). Why not do what I can easily do to make things easier on both of us?

What about when I am in another state? I know we should all know the laws of the states we pass through but if I just make it a habit to inform no matter where I'm at, its just one set of rules I don't have to try to remember. Keep it simple.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    SIXTO,

You're on board computer can read car licenses as you are proceeding in the opposite direction? Or did I misread something into your post?

Sure beats calling SO dispatch and hoping the files aren't down and then waiting for info; as time hurries by.
    The computer doesnt do it automatically, but I can do it myself.
    Ohio requires a front plate on passenger cars, and I have become good at reading rear plates in the mirror.
    "Just blame Sixto"

This subject is almost as good, and comes up as often, as the 9 vs .40, or the .40 vs .45.

I say Inform the officer!!

I always loved it when poeple had to tell me they payed my salary , they might as well of had a neon sign proclaiming thier guilt, or the fact they were hiding something (or maybe they were upset for being in the wrong, and being called out on it). Anyway, I always asked for a raise, and when needed went on to tell them they also payed for the paper their citation was on, or the pavement they had the opportunity to lay on, or the handcuffs they were wearing, the car they were riding in, etc.......................... And I really appreciated thier contributions $$$$$$

Never did get a raise though, at least not from anyone who had to inform me they were the one who payed me.

Inform is the answer.

Administrator
    This topic does get old quick... its a never ending circle of the same points and arguments.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Devone6 View Post
    This subject is almost as good, and comes up as often, as the 9 vs .40, or the .40 vs .45.

I say Inform the officer!!

I always loved it when poeple had to tell me they payed my salary , they might as well of had a neon sign proclaiming thier guilt, or the fact they were hiding something (or maybe they were upset for being in the wrong, and being called out on it). Anyway, I always asked for a raise, and when needed went on to tell them they also payed for the paper their citation was on, or the pavement they had the opportunity to lay on, or the handcuffs they were wearing, the car they were riding in, etc.......................... And I really appreciated thier contributions $$$$$$

Never did get a raise though, at least not from anyone who had to inform me they were the one who payed me.

Inform is the answer.
    I like your attitude
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Personal Experience.

Officer: Sir, may I see your ID.
    Me: Yes Sir (handing DL and CCW at the same time)
    Officer: Are you armed now?
    Me: Yes Sir, my weapon is hostered on my right hip.
    Officer: OK (handing me back my ID and CCW.), so what happened here?
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This topic does get old quick... its a never ending circle of the same points and arguments.
    This is true... And being that there is no correct answer, it does get old very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    You are right. However, the argument always includes new people so I don't mind running around in the circle as long as it brings in new blood to either convince or to disagree with.

Arguing, at least sharpens our skills at. . . .well . . . .arguing!

My mind was changed due to certain arguments. It might work for others.

Let's keep up the "discussions"
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Hawaii, South Korea, North Carolina, or Guam...or deployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    What about when I am in another state? I know we should all know the laws of the states we pass through but if I just make it a habit to inform no matter where I'm at, its just one set of rules I don't have to try to remember. Keep it simple.
    Very good point. Very good.

I got stopped once when I was not actually carrying but my CHL was just issued. (Figures, only traffic stop in 13 years). I handed him my DL and insurance and he started to walk off back to his squad car. I then produced my CHL. He asked if I was carrying and I replied I was not. He just handed back my stuff and said to have a nice day.

I would always let them know.
    Best,
    JP
    D/FW, TX

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links