Ohio-CCL holder arrested in Sandusky....

This is a discussion on Ohio-CCL holder arrested in Sandusky.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ohio, what is going on? It sounds like this man was legal although he probably should have carried in a better manner. Gun toter charged ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ohio-CCL holder arrested in Sandusky....

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Ohio, what is going on? It sounds like this man was legal although he probably should have carried in a better manner.

Gun toter charged despite license
    Monday April 02 2007, 6:54am

PERKINS TWP.

A Sandusky man was charged with improper handling of a firearm even though he had a license to carry it.

Larry F. Fearing, 54, was charged with improper handling of a concealed weapon for the incident at an area gas station.

He was there to pick up his wife from work.

He was reportedly seen carrying his hand gun in his front pants pocket, even though he said he was trying to keep it out of sight.

When Perkins police arrived, they ordered Fearing and his passenger out of their vehicle, asking him to back up and drop to his knees before they handcuffed him, according to reports.

Fearing's gun was found in the his car's dashboard console. It was loaded with the safety on, police said.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Another example of why I moved away from Ohio...

One of the more common comments you'll see around here... concealed means concealed. If your state doesn't allow open carry then you had better make sure that the gun is at least reasonably well concealed. Sounds like he didn't.

A pocket holster...

or

Holster pants...

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product....d=SS%20691

FTlegality&concealmentW

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

This guy sounds like he was a little careless. Carrying like this is next to flashing the gun.

VIP Member
    Geezus. Why not give the guy a warning?>

It Was LOADED?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Ohio, what is going on? It sounds like this man was legal although he probably should have carried in a better manner.

Gun toter charged despite license
    Monday April 02 2007, 6:54am

PERKINS TWP.

A Sandusky man was charged with improper handling of a firearm even though he had a license to carry it.

Larry F. Fearing, 54, was charged with improper handling of a concealed weapon for the incident at an area gas station.

He was there to pick up his wife from work.

He was reportedly seen carrying his hand gun in his front pants pocket, even though he said he was trying to keep it out of sight.

When Perkins police arrived, they ordered Fearing and his passenger out of their vehicle, asking him to back up and drop to his knees before they handcuffed him, according to reports.

Fearing's gun was found in the his car's dashboard console. It was loaded with the safety on, police said.
    It was really loaded?...hard to believe...
    Who carries a LOADED gun?
    {sarcasam off}

I may just have to by pass Ohio this summer...I thought that the 'plain sight' fix would make things better...doesn't sound like it...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If your state doesn't allow open carry then you had better make sure that the gun is at least reasonably well concealed. Sounds like he didn't.
    Jeez. Where does it end, though? If a fearful person sees "printing" of a gun, the carrier can be arrested and charged? If the butt's hanging out of the pocket, or the shirt/jacket has ridden up over the holster, showing a bit of holster or gun ... What a crock. That hardly makes a criminal, though Ohio's legislators and LEO's seem to think it does.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsor
    Doc,
    Where did you see this? Is there anything else said?
    I'm not familiar with Perkins TWP, but Ohio is an open carry state (Ohio supreme court ruling Sept. 2003). However local munis can override the open carry law. They cannot override licensed CCW (April 14, 2007) You cannot carry in a vehicle w/out a CCW permit and the CCW holders must have weapon secured in holster on their body, locked in the glove box, or storage container,latched in a storage case in plain site.
    In the dash console may or may not mean closed and locked in the glove box. Picking nits, I know, but the game must be played.

Here is the source of some of this info.
    http://www.ohioccw.org/index.php?opt...ewcat&catid=29
    Last edited by luvmy40; April 8th, 2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: added link, clarified vehicle carry
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Jeez. Where does it end, though? If a fearful person sees "printing" of a gun, the carrier can be arrested and charged? If the butt's hanging out of the pocket, or the shirt/jacket has ridden up over the holster, showing a bit of holster or gun ... What a crock. That hardly makes a criminal, though Ohio's legislators and LEO's seem to think it does.
    I agree. What a bunch of crap.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    that is just not right!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

more of the reason we need to get rid of the feel good politicians... i know here in pa i had my jacket blow open when i got out of my truck at the oxfordvally mall one day and a state cop saw it he came over asked me what i was carrying i told him a Wilson combat CQB. he said nice and left.... even if this guy had it in his pocket it was concealed it printed but could have been anything.... sounds like this cop like most cops just had a hard on for people who carry..
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Doc,
    Where did you see this? Is there anything else said?
    I'm not familiar with Perkins TWP, but Ohio is an open carry state since 2003. However local munis can override the open carry law. They cannot override licensed CCW (April 14, 2007) You cannot open carry in a vehicle and the CCW holders must have weapon secured in holster concealed on their body, locked in the glove box, or storage container,latched in a storage case in plain site.
    In the dash console may or may not mean closed and locked in the glove box. Picking nits, I know, but the game must be played.
    Here is the link to the story.
    http://www.sanduskyregister.com/arti...f326072059.txt

There are some reader comments at the bottom of the page.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Administrator
    Hmm, there has to be more to the story.

I will say that the Sandusky area could be a really neat place, but it is largely a hole with people running the government that also qualify as a hole.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Let me delete my own original post here.
    Ohio is so screwed up right now with their carry laws I'm not even going to bother commenting. If they don't know what they're doing then how am I supposed to know what they're doing?
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 5th, 2007 at 03:45 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links