Can anyone from Missouri help me out

This is a discussion on Can anyone from Missouri help me out within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about coming to the NRA Convention in St Louis and I was looking at Packing.org and it looks to me like if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone from Missouri help me out

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

I am thinking about coming to the NRA Convention in St Louis and I was looking at Packing.org and it looks to me like if I ride a bus with my weapon it is a Class C Felony is that correct?

Are there any strange conceal carry concerns for Missouri?
    Last edited by Timmy Jimmy; April 5th, 2007 at 12:45 AM.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Yes as far as I know it is. You can get a hotel room pretty close to downtown that way you have to ride the bus.

Here ya go:

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/P...es/SHP-863.pdf

That's the whole shebang - the bus issue is addressed at the bottom of page 3.

thanks guys that was helpful
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

VIP Member
    The last time I rode it stated no weapons showing a picture of a handgun and knife.

Already answered... correctly, no guns on busses, but I wanted to address a possible issue.

Hotels anywhere within an hour's drive of the convention center are booked solid, and have been for months. At this late date, you're going to have to find a family that will allow you to rent a room, or find a campground.

In any case, enjoy the convention! It's going to be a good one :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I live in KC and was planning to go to the convention. I called the NRA hotline for convention questions and asked them about concealed-carry in the convention center. They said that the convention center does not allow concealed-carry, so I won't be going.

How stupid is it to have an NRA convention in a place that doesn't recognize our 2nd Amendment rights?

Obviously I'm not too concerned about having to protect myself inside the convention center, but what about to and from the convention center? St. Louis has serious crime issues, and I'm not about to walk around the streets of St. Louis without my gun.

Why does the NRA continue to pick sites, states, cities, and venues that do not allow CC? I have passed on several trips to their convention for just that reason.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    Why does the NRA continue to pick sites, states, cities, and venues that do not allow CC? I have passed on several trips to their convention for just that reason.
    They picked a state and city that does... have you ever tried to find a venue with enough space to house such an event that allows CCW? I've yet to see one. Anywhere.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Missouri is a CCW state and has been for 3 years now. The bus and metro link (public train) were missed when the ccw law was written, Other than that Missouri is quite good with ccw. Time will fix what was missed but until then we have to live with it.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I know Missouri is a CCW state....

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    They picked a state and city that does... have you ever tried to find a venue with enough space to house such an event that allows CCW? I've yet to see one. Anywhere.
    but what about WI? I know they may not be able to cover everything but the NRA is big enough to check all these things out. They schedule their conventions 5 years in advance from what I understand. I would think that they could put together a list of palces that cover all of the bases needed. If you want on the list, show them what they need to know.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

If it is true that you can't carry in the convention center (and I have no reason not to believe Mcnab) I am sure the NRA bought off on the idea. If not this a big enough show that they could have said we won't come unless you change the rule for our convention.

That being said (and I don't agree with this thinking) but maybe they just don't want 50,000 people on the show floor with weapons because at one of them is dumb enough to walk up to the dealer of their weapon and pull it out and say look the magazine ejector doesn't work right and shooting someone because he was not following the 4 basic rules of gun safety.

I understand that thinking I just don't agree with it.
    Timmy Jimmy

This is typically pointed to as a reason to bar CC permit holders too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    If it is true that you can't carry in the convention center (and I have no reason not to believe Mcnab) I am sure the NRA bought off on the idea. If not this a big enough show that they could have said we won't come unless you change the rule for our convention.

That being said (and I don't agree with this thinking) but maybe they just don't want 50,000 people on the show floor with weapons because at one of them is dumb enough to walk up to the dealer of their weapon and pull it out and say look the magazine ejector doesn't work right and shooting someone because he was not following the 4 basic rules of gun safety.

I understand that thinking I just don't agree with it.
    What I am saying is, I don't buy it. I think CCW permit holders are more trustworthy. They have had the training and the background checks. I would point to the fact that probably hundreds of thousands of gun owners attend gun shows each year and how often have you heard of an accidental shooting by a permit holder? I have never heard of one. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but it has to be rare. The NRA should be more cognizant of this fact.

Remember, this is the NRA not some small local gun show. They have fought state by state for our right to carry, and we have fought along side them with our contributions and support. Their conventions are big money for whatever town they hold them in. I just want to know how it ends up in a state like WI with no carry permit process at all, or in one that allows CCW but perhaps has so many restrictions it is all but impossible to carry even with a permit? How do they allow the venue to dictate no carry?

Seems to me they should perhaps rethink their criteria before awarding the contract.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    What I am saying is, I don't buy it. I think CCW permit holders are more trustworthy. They have had the training and the background checks. I would point to the fact that probably hundreds of thousands of gun owners attend gun shows each year and how often have you heard of an accidental shooting by a permit holder? I have never heard of one. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but it has to be rare. The NRA should be more cognizant of this fact.

Remember, this is the NRA not some small local gun show. They have fought state by state for our right to carry, and we have fought along side them with our contributions and support. Their conventions are big money for whatever town they hold them in. I just want to know how it ends up in a state like WI with no carry permit process at all, or in one that allows CCW but perhaps has so many restrictions it is all but impossible to carry even with a permit? How do they allow the venue to dictate no carry?

Seems to me they should perhaps rethink their criteria before awarding the contract.
    Its a convention Center Policy.

The problem exists in a couple of differn't areas.

To hold a Convention there must be so many NRA members in the Demographic.

The convention center and City must have the ability to accomadate such numbers ie 50-60K people.

This convention is probably going to be the biggest one yet.

It has to change location year by year to allow a more variety of people to go to it from around the country.

Don't forget NRA moved the convention out of Columbus.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but it is NOT illegal to carry in the convention center. It is only a criminal act if you are caught and refuse to leave, then you will be charged with trespassing. From the formentioned MO pamphlet:

Carrying a concealed firearm in any location specified above is not a criminal act.
    I would go ahead and carry. Concealed is concealed. Unlike here in KS, it is not illegal to carry into a posted MO location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links