Kansas Reciprocity - Page 2

Kansas Reciprocity

This is a discussion on Kansas Reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Kansas AG originally came out with a list that gave the reasons for not honoring a given states concealed carry license. They seemed to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kansas Reciprocity

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    The Kansas AG originally came out with a list that gave the reasons for not honoring a given states concealed carry license. They seemed to break down to no range requirement, training requirement was not as “stringent” (chuckle), and age of license holders, and back ground checks, there are a couple of others running around. I don’t have the specific reasons at hand any more, hope that helps.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    The Kansas AG originally came out with a list that gave the reasons for not honoring a given states concealed carry license. They seemed to break down to no range requirement, training requirement was not as “stringent” (chuckle), and age of license holders, and back ground checks, there are a couple of others running around. I don’t have the specific reasons at hand any more, hope that helps.
    I'm a born and bred Jayhawker, who left several decades ago. I just wonder what has happened to the Kansas I loved as a child. My memories of Kansas history were always liberty, freedom, and independence for all.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post
    Where are you looking at moving?
    I will be attending Law School in Topeka. I am planning on finding a small town outside of Topeka to live near. (Suggestions?) I have been rural all my life and don't plan on changing now. I am willing to commute to school to keep from having to live within the city limits anywhere. I am looking for a house with some acreage and fences and barn so we can bring the horses and bird dogs with us when we move.
    Last edited by sgtD; April 9th, 2007 at 09:19 PM.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I will be attending Law School in Topeka. I am planning on finding a small town outside of Topeka to live near. (Suggestions?) I have been rural all my life and don't plan on changing now. I am willing to commute to school to keep from having to live within the city limits anywhere. I am looking for a house with some acreage and fences and barn so we can bring the horses and bird dogs with us when we move.
    I myself work in Topeka and live outside of town in a rural area. Too far actually the gas prices are killing me. There are several great options for small town living, or rural living within 30 minutes of the Washburn Campus. I would be glad to give you some local thoughts. Local help might be nice as too far west and prices are going sky high with the expanding military base and too far east and you are in the most liberal (anti gun) city in the mid west. When you get closer to looking for a place drop me a message and we can talk on the phone.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

sgtD,

I lived in Holton (north of Topeka) for three years and also have a lot of family there, so I have spent quite a bit of time in Holton. It is a great little town of about 5,000 souls - the sort of place where everybody you pass on the little two-lanes waves at you. Very clean, almost all the homes are kept up nicely, great little square and courthouse, etc. And, If you are a hunter, Holton is a great jumping-off point. I would love to live there, but there just aren't any IT jobs there, so I live in KC.

I attended WU for a couple of semesters while I lived in Holton, and the commute isn't bad at all. You can get away with 78mph on the way in to Topeka (approx. 30 miles), and once you are in Topeka, there is very little traffic, as it is a relatively small town. Commute to Washburn will probably take about 30 - 35 minutes.

Topeka isn't such a great town - I highly recommend carrying while you are in Topeka - but it isn't terrible. There are some decent nightspots and shopping areas (west side off Wanamaker), and there are some really nice areas of town. Overall I liked the city, despite the multitude of trashy neighborhoods.

Best of luck in your school endeavour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links