Arizona Rehash of Restaurant Carry

This is a discussion on Arizona Rehash of Restaurant Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was told by a local firearms instructor that Arizona will be revamping it's restaurant carry laws. The law currently states that no one can ...

Thread: Arizona Rehash of Restaurant Carry

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar

Arizona Rehash of Restaurant Carry

I was told by a local firearms instructor that Arizona will be revamping it's restaurant carry laws. The law currently states that no one can carry in a business that sells alcohol for consumption at that location - concealed or otherwise. This evening, over dinner, I was told that this will be changing in favor of a law that allows us to carry in an establishment that makes less than 50% of its profits from alcohol (aka - bars).

Anyone heard about this or is it just conjecture? The guy I heard this from is.. well... a reputable guy. I'll be calling the Yavapai County Sheriffs Office tomorrow to ask about this but I wanted to get your ideas first.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

I hope the "rumor" is true, but I haven't heard of anything coming down the pipe.
    Let us know what you find out!
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

They've tried to rehash that part of the law several times, but it's always been defeated or removed from the bill/amendments.

I haven't heard about anything proposed for this year's legislature but hopefully you have better info then I do.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

California Carry

I guess there is one good thing about having a permit in California (yes it is possible in many counties). The conceal carry issue doesn't get much attention so you don't have a bunch of idiots in the legislature running around putting on restrictions.
    You can sort of tell that not a lot of thought went into the permit process at the state level as there is no database available to law enforcement to verify the validity of the permit (I think they must phone the Ca. DOJ or the issuing department) and the permit itself is printed on thin paper that resembles a fishing license (no photo required).
    I kind of like it this way because I live in one of the "right" counties but I also fear that at any time a new Sherrif can simply void all permits in his county and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

I Have Never Understood This Law...

First of all, I don't agree with...but understand the 'no bar carry' because of fights, jerks with alcohol bravery, etc...(I don't go to bars, so it doesn't matter).

However, going into a restaurant for a meal, not drinking anything, and because someone else has a drink, my gun may jump out of its holster and shoot somebody?

Florida, with all of its great gun laws, appears even more perplexing with guns and booze. You see, here in Florida I may go to a place like Outback's, etc., and carry concealed. Now, I may not enter the bar portion of the place, even though I am not drinking, but I may sit in the 'food serving' portion of the place and have a beer with dinner...while armed...I do not get the reasoning here!

I know, I know, alcohol and guns do not mix...I'm not suggesting CC and alcohol, just pointing out the confusion and mixed thinking in the law.

I am not complaining though, Florida is far ahead of many states in the gun freedoms and protections that we DO have!

Hopefully, AZ will make things easier for you folks...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I hope it's true. But if not, then the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy resumes for me.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar

Az Restraunt carry

I hadn't heard about the proposed change, but am all for it! In Flagstaff, ( the San Francisco of Az) most all of the resturants serve booze, so if you are going out to eat, even at Coco"s, you have to be unarmed. Kinda crazy

i hope this is true, most restaurants i frequent serve booze...

Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    In Flagstaff, ( the San Francisco of Az)...
    VERY accurate description of this place!
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Links