This one is way too close to home for me

This is a discussion on This one is way too close to home for me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tapout1003 The weird thing about the area he lives in is if you drive 10 mins north it's a big money area ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This one is way too close to home for me

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    The weird thing about the area he lives in is if you drive 10 mins north it's a big money area and if you drive 10 mins south it's the country. Me I live south. I'm the youngest guy in my town by prob 15 years. No crime to speak of. It's like going back in time a few years
    What city did this murder take place? My in-laws are in Strongsville.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

You gotta do what is best for your family. Good job. Here is a link that is kinda helpful for prospective new neihborhoods:
    http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Congrats on the lil' one!!!
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

beagler: check out the magnolia/east sparta/ sandyville area... the schools are great and you wont be far from canton if you need to go there for work

As long as the drug community is around the violence will continue to expand. With the money that drugs generate a meth lab can be set up in any community. I can't think of a cure for this except to start executing the dealers when they are caught. This may sound harsh but something drastic needs to happen soon.

I spend a lot of my summers in Canton Ohio and its a good place to live.

Good luck to you but it will be hard to find anywhere in our great country where drug violence is not on the upswing and where some fool won't decide to dump a body, which was probably murdered somewhere else.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Hey Lima, There is no safe places anymore, I just think society has degraded so much that people just have no regard for human life, and it transcends ALL areas, just sad.

i guess if the choice is go vigilante or move, you made the best decision. thats a tough spot to be put in.

tapout1003

That is a very nice area and we have been looking in that general area for land/homes. A good friend of mine has a beautiful farm down there.

There is no place to hide, bad stuff can happen anywhere. It knows no boundaries, although some places may be worse than others. Always thought our neighborhood was very safe. It is an upscale subdivision, one way in and out, nice neighbors, police station within a mile or two. Yet, about 6 or 8 weeks ago some BG's followed a resident home from a gun range (there was a prior post about this ) and robbed them at gun point in their own driveway, less than 2 blocks from my house on the very road I drive several times a day. This week I learned several homes had been recently been robbed by BG's posing as utility workers to gain entry.Several nearby quick stop type stores have been robbed recently as well. So, we are not as safe or insulated from BG's as we thought. In fact we are probably more of a target, because it is a nice neighborhood. Lots of good stuff to rob and steal. I keep my gun on me or very close by at all times. My wife is now seeing the light as to being more alert and vigilant. She also now finally wants to join our ranks as a CCL holder. Before she thought I was being rather paranoid, when I'd be very observant and mindful of who was around and what was going on, along have my gun, knife & Surefire along with me. Suddenly I'm not so bad. Don't expect a cop to be everywhere or keeping you safe. You are responsible for your own safety, watch yourself, no matter where you are.
    Last edited by sass20485; April 10th, 2007 at 09:16 PM.

I grew up in a somewhat lower class section of the Sacramento area. Shootings were not every day but they were certainly common as were stabbings, fist fights, robberies, rapes and there was an always visible crime element in the neighborhood. I was raised in this environment and made it out relatively unscathed. I moved to Oklahoma when I turned eighteen. I quickly found that there was a lot to remind me of home even out there in a rural farm community. I saw a guy get beat by a so called "gang" using a golf club. I had guns, bats, and four way tire irons pulled on me(it's a funny story, trust me) and watched crack deals go down daily. Now I live in Utah, everything is all nice and safe, right......No, it's not, because there are bad people everywhere. I have had constant reminders in all the places I've lived that bad people live there too. If all evidence leading up to this told you that you were living in a safe area then you should go with that. I would lean toward saying that your decision was a bit rash. On the other hand, we all make decisions based on our past expieriences. What concerns me for instance, might be entirely different than what concerns you.

Just don't expect to move and find that sense of safety you suddenly just lost. I don't want to see you disappointed. Take care in whatever you do. Good luck.
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

OK... is this North Canton, Ohio or where???
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

This happened near The Football HOF in Canton.

Two days ago another young man shot and killed himself by being plain stupid. He was playing Russian Rulet (sp?) in the south east side of Canton. The sad thing about this is he was in the seventh grade! The parents supposedly have no idea where the gun came from.

The murders/accidental deaths in Stark County Ohio in the past year lately have been outrageous. Two of the worst were a young postal woman who was deliverying mail this past October and got caught in a crossfire between a bunch of dope heads. She was shot and killed. Another one was the murder of an elderly gentleman that was a veteran that served during the attacks on Pearl Harbor. He was killed and left to burn in his house after the scum back lit his house on fire to erase any evidence. Sorry if I'm rambling too much and going off topic here, but it just shows how messed up our society is, and how important it is to maintain a sense of security.

beagler : there was another guy beat to death saturday....think it's in todays paper

VIP Member
    While on one hand it's a shame that the good people have to move out, leaving the rats to overrun the remains, you have to look out for you and yours and that's what really matters.

I lived in a crappy part of town for many years, got burglarized, moved to a much nicer part of town, and my neighbors got burglarized because the thieves decided nice homes meant more loot. I'm still safer than I was before, but crap still happens. I do the best I can afford to do.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links