This one is way too close to home for me

This is a discussion on This one is way too close to home for me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just when you think your neighborhood is safe, some low life puts your life into check. Over the weekend, a recently released from prison 27 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This one is way too close to home for me

Just when you think your neighborhood is safe, some low life puts your life into check. Over the weekend, a recently released from prison 27 year old male, shot his girlfriend point blank in the head and dumped her body only five blocks from my house! This is an extremely horrible event, and after just having our first child two months ago, my wife and I are selling the house and moving. I know some may think we are jumping the gun so to speak on this, but violence has been on the rise in my area. Our town has had numerous violent crimes in the past year. Many of these crimes are drug related, and many have resulted in death. I thank God for my right to carry a gun when I walk my dog at night or go the grocery store. I only wish someone would have been near that poor girl this past weekend. If you have continued to read this, thanks. I just needed to vent my frustration and anger.

Lead Moderator
    Don't blame you for wanting to keep your family safe. Take care.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Vent away.
    With a new child you're doing the right thing.
    Oh, congratulations on your new addition.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    no matter what it takes, keep you and yours safe...
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

VIP Member
    When it hits right near the home, it really puts it all in perspective. Makes people realize it CAN happen to them.. Good luck on your move.

I'd Probably Do The Same...

You and yours are the primary concern...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Do what you have to do in order to keep your family safe from harm.

Quote Originally Posted by beagler View Post
    ... and after just having our first child two months ago...
    My son is two just months old aswell. I was at work just a few weeks ago when my wife called to say 4 men were outside my house in a car. I had her call 911 immediately. No sooner did she get 911 on the phone, when they busted the door down.

My wife and mother-in-law were here at home with my son who was 11 days old.

Luckily they saw her on the phone and hoped in their car. They did a donut in my yard. I raced home as fast as I could listening to it unfold on my cell phone.

It was that day that I decided I was going to buy a new XD.

I just took my wife shooting this weekend to get her comfortable with the pistol.

One side of me wished they would come back and do something stupid so I could finalize it in my head; the other part of me doesn't want to ever see them again and just move on.

Thank God though my family is OK.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Whether or not anybody agrees, you are doing what you believe is best to protect your family and that is what counts. You need not justify your decision to anyone. Keep your family safe.

Now allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment (just to give you a taste of what some "tough guys" might say). Reminds me of a scene from the movie "Billy Jack". Where on this planet is there such a place that there is no violence. If it isn't there now with the latest crime trends it soon will be. What are you going to do then? Move again?

Back to reality. Your responsbility is to your family not to anyone else.
    Take care of them the best way you see fit. No problem asking advice from other but ultimately it is your decision not their's. I believe everyone here myself included will back you and your right to make that decision. Remember keep your family safe.

If you gotta go, you gotta go. We understand that you want to protect your loved ones, even if it means having a turret on your roof, but I think you need a city permit for that.

You can't let the BG's run your life. But your family's safety should come first. And sometimes you have to do what needs to be done.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I can relate. Around about 30 years ago, my girlfriend and I lived in an apartment in the Fan District of Richmond VA. The fan wasn't a bad place overall, but we were in the worst portion of it. Hey, our rent on the 1 bedroom apt was $125/month. The only registered marijuana lobbyist was shot in the bar at the corner. One evening, we were getting ready for bed, when we heard a "Pop pop pop" from the alley. The next day, we read that a guy was shot and killed in the alley only a few houses from me. We couldn't move, due to financial reasons. We made out ok. I don't blame you for moving. Find a better area, and go for it. I loved Black Knight's Billy Jack quote. My favorite from he same movie was when the deputy had kidnapped one of the girls from the school. He had a gun on her, and told Billy Jack to drop his gun or he'd kill the girl. Billy replied "Kill Her!" The deputy, stunned, said "You'd kill her, just like that?", to which Billy said "No, you'd kill her. Then I'll kill you. Just like that". Of course, the deputy backed down. But I've always thought that was the best answer to a hostage situation.
    Sorry to hijack the thread for a Billy Jack revival. Best of luck on the move.

Hey, do what you have to do to keep your family safe. Don't feel bad about it and done give a fig what anyone else might think.

The most important thing that a Dad does is make the decisions that keep the family safe. You have made yours and it sounds to me you are getting out while the getting is good. Hold on too long out of loyalty to a community and you may be dragged down with it.

Stay safe and carry all the time. There are a couple of people counting on you to protect yourself too. So make sure the wife has a gun she can use and is comfortable with and make sure you have one too. Two guns are a lot better than one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Where are you going to move to?

Is it really better to move than it would be to stay and help clean up the area?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuafuller View Post
    My son is two just months old aswell. I was at work just a few weeks ago when my wife called to say 4 men were outside my house in a car. I had her call 911 immediately. No sooner did she get 911 on the phone, when they busted the door down.

My wife and mother-in-law were here at home with my son who was 11 days old.

Luckily they saw her on the phone and hoped in their car. They did a donut in my yard. I raced home as fast as I could listening to it unfold on my cell phone.

It was that day that I decided I was going to buy a new XD.

I just took my wife shooting this weekend to get her comfortable with the pistol.

One side of me wished they would come back and do something stupid so I could finalize it in my head; the other part of me doesn't want to ever see them again and just move on.

Thank God though my family is OK.
    Josh, welcome to the fourm! What were these guys after and what did the cops say? Did they catch the guys?
    Last edited by Timmy Jimmy; April 9th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links