My wife took her safety course...

This is a discussion on My wife took her safety course... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...she's now only $100 away from her LTC Class A. At first, our pirmary purpose in getting her licensed was to allow her to inherit ...

Thread: My wife took her safety course...

...she's now only $100 away from her LTC Class A.

At first, our pirmary purpose in getting her licensed was to allow her to inherit and then sell my guns should I get removed from the gene pool.

As time wore on she has decided she will carry a piece. Especially when she goes shopping alone at 6am.

Now I need to sign us up for a "Art of Concealed Carry" course and get her to the range as often as possible to build her confindence. I'm also going to hound all the women in the club to let her shoot their guns till she finds the one she wants to carry. The .380 or 9mm that she'll carry is better than the .45 she left at home because it's "too big" or "too heavy". Then again, if she likes my Colt Compact, it's all hers. As you can see in my avitar, I have my Commander now.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

I am encouraging my wife & daughter (who will be 21 in a couple of weeks) to get theirs.

Senior Moderator
    Congrates to your wife! You are right. The .380 or 9 she has with her is better than the .45 she leaves at home.

I carry either a .380 or a .40 entirely depending on what I'm wearing. I would carry a .45 if I could but I really haven't found one that has a comfortable recoil that it's full size and therefor uncomfortable to carry.

She'll find the right gun for her.

pax
    Excellent. Congratulations to both of you.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

VIP Member
    Congratulations to Mrs. stoneypete!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    congrates!

I hope my wife sticks to her saying in July she is going to apply for CHL!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Congratulations to Mrs. stoneypete!

My fiancée went through the NRA personal protection in the home a couple months ago. She liked my P226, and shot good with it so I bought her one for herself.

I went through it with her, but I still haven't got my new Sig...
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

Congrats!

I only hope you live in a town/city in MA where the police chief isn't a complete tool. He is the king in your town/city as far as permits go. A firearms class will certainly help grease the wheels with the local chief, but a lot of them have the attitude that their officers are the only ones who should be allowed to carry guns. A very unfortunate ideal...
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

gddyup,
    The safety course doesn't just grease the wheels it's part of the process. Without the course they won't even accept the application. My town gives Class A LTC with no restrictions fairly freely.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    gddyup,
    The safety course doesn't just grease the wheels it's part of the process. Without the course they won't even accept the application. My town gives Class A LTC with no restrictions fairly freely.

Excellent! Sounds like you have a good chief then! Get your permits asap and then carry, carry, carry!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Congrats...

An important move for both of you...the class is the important part of the CCW formula, and when you can do that together...all the better!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links