Am I the only one, again? - Page 2

Am I the only one, again?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one, again? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; it seems the only thing you can get a deal on these days at gun shows are homemade jerky and nazi memorabilia...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one, again?

it seems the only thing you can get a deal on these days at gun shows are homemade jerky and nazi memorabilia

Lead Moderator
    I used to feel the need to buy, not anymore. I would rather save and find something I really want and will use.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

No regrets! Maybe you'll get a bigger budget next time!

You aren't alone. I always feel the same when I leave a gun show without a new gun.

I always thing something dumb like "What if I never see an AR for sale again?"
    Dumb.....

But what if I never do see another AR for sale......I better go get one pretty soon.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have been to a few shows where I spent less inside than I did to get in the building! That being said I must say that I have become a lot more particular in what I buy at shows. There was one show I went to and picked up nothing but a couple of firing pin retaining pins and a spring kit to send to a friend in Iraq. It would have been cheaper to just order them out of a catalog. The sad thing is I went there to get myself a couple of holsters and couldn't find a single one I liked!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    Dont give me to much credit for self-restraint, I am incredibly cheap. It seems to stop me from spending more often than not!
    Me too.

BTW: I have heard of buyers remorse, but what do you call it in this case? Non-buyers remorse?
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

My wife calls it cheap, I call it frugal.

Dont give me to much credit for self-restraint, I am incredibly cheap. It seems to stop me from spending more often than not!
    Well I wish I was cheap when it came to guns. Funny how $5 is too much for a hair cut but $900 is cheap for a gun. I have a sever case of SDA (Senseless Desire to Aquire). I have yet to leave a gun show empty handed this year.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Holy Your not alone. Spokane gunshows have been going down hill for quite a time IMHO. Some of the best tables that were there inthe past are all on gunbroker now. Tell your wife your not cheap, your from Spokane luteai
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be Happy" Ben Franklin

Went to a Gun Show this weekend ... [but] left empty-handed. Is this normal?
    That's not normal. That's super-human! You're my hero.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have an update for you all. I have come to the conclusion that I probably should have made a purchase at that show, heres why.

Firstly, my $580 budget was determined by a combination of two unique factors; the arrival of our tax money and opening day of the gun show fell on the same day! As a result, my beautiful financial planner saw fit to allow a larger than usual amount for "extra purchases" The chances of this occuring again is not likely.

Secondly, since I did not spend the $580 that was budgeted, we (my family) found other things to spend it on that were not essentials (unlike guns). It will be at least 6-8 months before I can negotiate a budget anywhere near that again. So I have come to the conclusion that as a familyman, I should have bought while I had the chance.

My situation may vary from some or most of you in that I only have two weapons (Rem 870 & XDsc9) and therefore I have plenty of justification for more. I mean does my wife seriously expect me to sleep soundly at night w/o somesort of assault in the house?!

Live and learn. God bless, HOLYROLLER.

Geeze, two guns man...you are in bad shape. Best to take a second on the house and make amends.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links