Imus....gun toter? - Page 2

Imus....gun toter?

This is a discussion on Imus....gun toter? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SGeringer Not a very impressive move on Imus' part.......he's just not very impressive altogether, the ridiculousness of this tumult notwithstanding. Agreed. For ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imus....gun toter?

Quote Originally Posted by SGeringer View Post
    Not a very impressive move on Imus' part.......he's just not very impressive altogether, the ridiculousness of this tumult notwithstanding.
    Agreed.

For what reason at all would he removing his sidearm to brandish it and place upon an interviewers table be necessary or even relevant?

Imus needs to check himself as it sounds like acts without thinking with regularity, and not just in his current situation.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Yes, I remember hearing him on the radio talking about how he carries a GLock 27.

Once at the ranch, he seemed to be toting a 1911 of some sort.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Don't Care What He Does or Says...

Never did like him...rich loudmouth...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Who??
    Ditto!!

Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Never did like him...rich loudmouth...

ret
    Ditto Ken!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Imus at one time had a license to say anything.
    He just found out his license expired.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Yep, I knew it. As has been said, sometimes you could see his sidearm when cameras showed him from the back on MSNBC. He also talked about carrying from time to time.

I'm sure guys like him get plenty of death threats, so they carry.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aepilotjim View Post
    I still feel this is all just to cover up Sen. Feinstein's war profiteering with her husband. It was all barely a blip on the media radar when she stepped down from the Senate Appropriations committee after alegations of her funnelling billions to her husbands defense contracting companies.

...yeah, what a coincedence, I totally agree (goes for other stories that get covered up too)

Imus is an idiot whether he carries or not
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    From my understanding Imus supported John Kerry. That tells me that he believes in the 2A for the elite but not for you and me. Just my opinion.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aepilotjim View Post
    I still feel this is all just to cover up Sen. Feinstein's war profiteering with her husband. It was all barely a blip on the media radar when she stepped down from the Senate Appropriations committee after alegations of her funnelling billions to her husbands defense contracting companies.
    She is evil incarnate.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    From my understanding Imus supported John Kerry. That tells me that he believes in the 2A for the elite but not for you and me. Just my opinion.
    B...but... but John Kerry crawls around on his belly hunting deer! Surely he's just like you and me!!

If this is true, it tells me all I need to know about how much I should get behind Imus to support him through this nonsense tempest-in-a-teapot.

Reminds me of Carl T. Rowen who wrote against the Second Amendment all the time, then shot a kid with his illegal gun in the tush..They are all the same.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Imus went even further than that. He fired his housekeeper for possessing a 1.5" bladed pocket knife and bringing a toy cap gun to the ranch so Imus's kid could play cowboys & Indians. He then went so far as to call her a terrorist, according to this: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1130041imus1.html.

Imus- Stern and Carry Permits

I have to respectfully disagree with the poster who wondered who Howard Stern had to pay to get his NYC carry license. I got Howard his license back in '92. As a former NYPD Lt. and supervisor in the NYPD's License Division, I helped Howard and a number of others (Imus included) in obtaining their gun permits as part of my business after I retired. Howard had a long hard road and was turned down a few times before I got involved and had him organize his documentation of threats. I should also say that Howard's not a shooter in the strictist sense. He bought a Seecamp upon approval and as far as I know (I lost track of him after relocating my business), he never fired it or bought another gun.

Obtaining a NYC carry permit is difficult and expensive, but by no means impossible. It's not who you know (particularly after a few in-house scandals), but if you can conform to the strict guidelines regarding who gets a carry permit and who doesn't. I've personally handled many celebs and money people who've been turned down because they just didn't qualify.

He bought a Seecamp upon approval and as far as I know (I lost track of him after relocating my business), he never fired it or bought another gun.
    He never fired it?
    He never went to the range and tested if it worked?
    He never knew it's recoil?
    He didn't practise his skills and hone his accuracy?

That would make a very interesting prosecution if he ever shot someone in self-defense.

I guess he is more stupid than he acts, and I assume that many celebrities get guns simply so people know that they are armed, rather than with any attempt to use them if ever necessary.

People, if you carry a gun then it is important that you be competent with that gun.

Go to the range a lot, keep a range log, improve your skills.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links