Imus....gun toter? - Page 3

Imus....gun toter?

This is a discussion on Imus....gun toter? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did work for him for about six years after he got the Seecamp, and while I offered to train him on many occasions, he ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imus....gun toter?

Howard Stern

I did work for him for about six years after he got the Seecamp, and while I offered to train him on many occasions, he never took me up on the offer. I discouraged him buying the Seecamp because he has hands the size of waffle irons and the pistol was entirely too small.

Quote Originally Posted by PatPic View Post
    Obtaining a NYC carry permit is difficult and expensive, but by no means impossible. It's not who you know (particularly after a few in-house scandals), but if you can conform to the strict guidelines regarding who gets a carry permit and who doesn't. I've personally handled many celebs and money people who've been turned down because they just didn't qualify.
    I am glad I live in Texas!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Reminds me of Carl T. Rowen who wrote against the Second Amendment all the time, then shot a kid with his illegal gun in the tush..They are all the same.

Special place in hell for that kind of scumbag hypocrite.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatPic View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with the poster who wondered who Howard Stern had to pay to get his NYC carry license. I got Howard his license back in '92. As a former NYPD Lt. and supervisor in the NYPD's License Division, I helped Howard and a number of others (Imus included) in obtaining their gun permits as part of my business after I retired. Howard had a long hard road and was turned down a few times before I got involved and had him organize his documentation of threats. I should also say that Howard's not a shooter in the strictist sense. He bought a Seecamp upon approval and as far as I know (I lost track of him after relocating my business), he never fired it or bought another gun.

Obtaining a NYC carry permit is difficult and expensive, but by no means impossible. It's not who you know (particularly after a few in-house scandals), but if you can conform to the strict guidelines regarding who gets a carry permit and who doesn't. I've personally handled many celebs and money people who've been turned down because they just didn't qualify.
    It never seems to matter, anyway. If they don't have a permit, and they get caught with guns, celebs just get a pass anyway!

Or are you going to tell me that snoop doggy dog didn't just get a no-jail-time deal for being a felon in possession of a firearm?

And David Crosby, who left behind a gun and drugs in a hotel room.

Or puff diddly squat, who has been involved in shootings and stuff, guns found in his car, etc. Not in jail, either.

So it really tells me nothing that some of these people are not able to qualify for an NYC permit. When they carry without one, they don't get into any real trouble.

And besides, I'm supposed to feel GOOD about the fact that people can't manage to qualify to exercise their right of self defense in NYC?

The fact is, just like in Chicago and DC, people in NYC are told to rely on the police for protection that the police are not obligated to provide; and they are told they may not exercise their constitutional rights.

Why should anyone have to prove that he is under a direct, specific threat before he can have and carry a handgun? Even the most low-profile, innocuous citizen can find himself very suddenly facing a very real threat, just in the parking lot of the local mall. Those people are not important enough that they should be allowed to protect themselves?

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I will refrain from passing judgement on Imus until I can honestly say that I have never made an offensive comment......

To do so would be hypocrisy on my part....

And yes, he does carry...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I agree that in NYC the carry license requirements are draconian, and I'd also agree that no where else would someone have to hire someone like me to get them a license. Most of my clients are businessmen who can't navigate the myriad of paperwork it takes to qualify. It seems that the NYPD doesn't tell an applicant what it takes to get a carry permit; one has to basically guess and hope they fall into the perameters..or hire someone like me who knows the system.

Can't comment on Snoop Dog and the like; I can only say that celebrity or not, if you screw up even in a minor sense, your license is gone. Steven Segal and others have learned the hard way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links