Imus....gun toter?

This is a discussion on Imus....gun toter? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just saw on O'reilly an interview with Dennis Miller who says that when he met Imus for an interview, Imus was carrying. I don't pay ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imus....gun toter?

Imus....gun toter?

Just saw on O'reilly an interview with Dennis Miller who says that when he met Imus for an interview, Imus was carrying.

I don't pay any attention to Imus. Dennis Miller is off the air. O'reilly is only someone I catch on talk radio when I can't pick up a signal for classic rock.

Only reason I saw this was I was flipping the channels.

Don't turn this into a Imus-good or bad thread. Did anybody know he was pro-gun and carrying?

News to me.

2. Remove Ads

Just google 'Don Imus gun', you soon get relevant info.

"Hardball" host Chris Matthews once recalled his oddest interview. After meeting radio host Don Imus during the New Hampshire primaries in 2004, he recalled, Imus set the tone of the interview by pointedly placing a gun on the table before him.

"It was a small Glock," Matthews, a former cop, recalled. "Al Capone once said you can get further with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word... It was an interesting interview."

Yeah he has talked about carrying for years. Not running off at the mouth, just when asked about it on his show one morning he said he does both on and off the ranch.

Not a very impressive move on Imus' part.......he's just not very impressive altogether, the ridiculousness of this tumult notwithstanding.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

... Imus ...
    Who??
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I still feel this is all just to cover up Sen. Feinstein's war profiteering with her husband. It was all barely a blip on the media radar when she stepped down from the Senate Appropriations committee after alegations of her funnelling billions to her husbands defense contracting companies.

He would have been better off shooting the gun than taking racist pot shots with his mouth.
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

He has been seen on his MSNBC show taking off his jacket with a pistol on OWB. I guess he has a carry permit for NYC

When he broadcast from his ranch there is often a gunbelt hanging on his chair with a SA revolver on it.

Administrator
    Imus - he does carry. That is correct.
    That does not change the fact that I personally do not like the guy.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Imus, Howard Stern, & just about any wealth & popular celebrity can get one for New York. You see, gun rights is only for the wealthy & popular in New York.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Gun control does not apply to the beautiful people, because they would never do anything wrong. After all, they ARE the Beautiful people.

Gun control is intended to protect them from the commoners, and to some degree to protect the commoners from each other (can you say "control the commoners"?).

Howard Stern is a shooter and has an NYC permit to carry. He's mentioned it a couple of times on the air.

He has also said that he "felt" silly carrying a gun when he fist started to. He hasn't said explicitly whether he still carries on a regular basis or not.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Gun control does not apply to the beautiful people.
    Er.... call Imus what you want...but Beautiful?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Howard Stern isn't beautiful either and Imus is a strange dude. I wonder how much and who they had to pay to get the permit.

Imus could only carry in NYC, as when they moved the show to NJ, he had to leave it behind. I saw it several times on MSNBC, and as I recall, it was a 2" snubby in a OWB on right hip. I never saw him take it out though.
    Sure getting tired of all the "drama" this has stirred up. We got alot more pressing things than old man Don and his ethnic speech. I've heard worse from others on the airwaves. I just think MSNBC is really looking to get rid of him, even though his show is watched by more people than the other "talking heads" of MSNBC.
    In away.... he's done more for kids medical welfare and GI's coming home injured than any of the crap Sharpton and Jackson ever thought about. I think this will hurt his foundations, which is sad. Himself.... he's got plenty of $$$ to be set for life, what is left, if he doesnt quit coughing.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links