Florida CCP Application - HangUps

This is a discussion on Florida CCP Application - HangUps within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I sent in my Florida CCP application to Tallahasse at the beginning of March, expecting to have it in my mailbox 3-4 weeks ...

Thread: Florida CCP Application - HangUps

Florida CCP Application - HangUps

Hey guys, I sent in my Florida CCP application to Tallahasse at the beginning of March, expecting to have it in my mailbox 3-4 weeks later. I expected it within this time frame, because I did everything I could to speed the process up to include sending certified funds, and I even went to the Tampa PD for the electronic fingerprints. Anyway, I called the Department of Agreculture yesterday for a status report since it has been 5 weeks now. What I found out was really frustrating. My applipation was approved and my permit was issued 3 weeks ago, but someone accidentally forgot to hit the print button in their system. The Department of Agriculture thought that it had already been sent out, so if I had not called, I would have never received my permit.
    I know that accidents happen, and that's not what frustrated me. It was the fact that if I had not called, the mistake would have never been corrected.
    The nice lady I spoke with, told me that she would take care of correcting the problem. I told her that I would call in a couple of days to make sure that things were moving forward.
    Well, this morning, she called me at 8am, to tell me that my permit was printed this morning, and that it should be in the mail today. I hope to make a trip to Wally World this weekend for some nachos and ammo.

If anyone wants to check on the status of their Florida application, you can call (850)245-5691.

Thanks to all of you guys. I have been reading posts for several weeks now, and have really learned a lot, which I feel has helped me in my preparation for CC.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the heads up. I put my package together and I had to do mine with the standard ink prints doen at my local sheriffs office. The turn around time for me is 3 months. At least now I now to call if it goes much further than that.

Senior Moderator
    Very unusual for the Florida CWFL folks. But at least when you call them, they are friendly and helpful.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I remember When a customer was shot while standing in line in a grocery store in Coral Gables in the sixtys. She was shot for no reason. It would have been nice if ccw had been in force back then. It might have saved a life

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I sent the paper for a FL application in early January. However, I omitted the name of the fingerprinting agency and got that one item back from FL after a couple of weeks. Resent ASAP and probably the application package was complete around Jan 30. So my 90-day wait runs to the end of April.

Thanks for the phone number!

Thanks for heads up. Sent mine in early Feb. One week later got a letter saying I did not have training. I called them and said that the training certificate was on same sheet as my drivers license. She looked at it and said, "wow, there it is and you are complete." But I still have not gotten mine. I figured that it was sitting on someones desk. I guess I will have to call them tomorrow to make sure the same issue did not happen me.

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Thanks for heads up here. Starting the process this Tues, so I'll have to remember to "check-in" with Tallahassee in a couple of weeks.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

this post is a good reminder for me to fill out my fl. permit that's sitting here.

congrats. Hope yours comes soon!

Florida Makes It Very Easy...

I have had great responses for new, renewals, address changes...always helpful...Dept. of Ag is friendly and helpful...very positive people!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Talking We Are Blessed In Fla

We are very, very lucky in Fl. Our Dept. of Agriculture is now and always has been on the right track with CCW.

When Our CCW program first started there were a few problems but all new ideas have issues. This Dept. had the intent to solve the problems and make the CCW work. There appeared to be some people on the phones that had issues with CCW. But, they still got you proccessed and carrying. That was YEARS ago.

I have heard of 3 other "PRINTING" issues in the last 2-3 months.... this could be an item that needs serious addressing. It does not appear as any "CONSPIRICY", just some sort of clerical problem.

In Florida there are a few steps to make it work at it's best that "YOU" can take:

1) ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINTING.... IT WORKS.... AVERAGE 14 DAY TURN AROUND!!!!!

2) MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS RIGHT.... IF IN DOUBT..... CALL.... THEY'LL HELP! ANY GLITCH AND EVERYTHING SLOWS DOWN TO A CRAWL.... ALMOST AS IF IT IS A DARWIN/TSTL/TSTC test (To Stupid To Learn/To Stupid To Carry )

3) Make & keep copies of everything

4) Call to check if in doubt of status of responce.... it helps keep the wheels rollin

5) Be "NICE" to the folks on the phone... they are not hired because they carry or are pro gun. "YOU" can make the difference as to thier opinion of "US"
    Condition "yellow" is a heightened state of awareness & response.
    It is not paranoia...
    "IT IS YOUR ONLY ROUTE TO SURVIVAL"

An armed & knowledgeble Citizen has significantly increased their chances of continued Freedom & Safety... SO ALSO IMPROVED IS THE FUTURE OF THEIR NEIGHBORS

I had no problem getting mine. I wonder if because I turned in my 214, that if made any kind of difference. I also used the electronic fingerprinting and turnaround was fast.
    "Common sense is buried right next to personal responsibility in the social graveyard." - Andrew Wilkow

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Sent mine off 1/23/06 and permit was issued on 3/24/06. The local Ohio PD did the prints at n/c (no stay req'd ) and I submitted both proof of training and DD214 - just in case.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    As I mentioned in post #5 earlier in this thread, I submitted in mid-January and received the FL permit today. So the time required was within the 90 day period even with my having caused a delay by goofing on the fingerprint card.

Senior Moderator
    When I did my Florida CWFL, I used the electronic fingerprinting option and had the permit in hand 11 days after mailing the paperwork out.

Fine service is the norm from the Florida Dept. of Ag.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    When I did my Florida CWFL, I used the electronic fingerprinting option and had the permit in hand 11 days after mailing the paperwork out.

Fine service is the norm from the Florida Dept. of Ag.

Matt
    Agreed. I did the electronic fingerprints and received my CWL within 2 weeks.

My wife did not do electronic fingerprints, and it took much longer. Not the maximum time limit, but it certainly was awhile to wait.

In Florida, do the electronic fingerprints!

Links