Defensive Carry banner

Interview

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Tom G 
#1 ·
I am doing a persuasive speech in favor of legalizing CCW permits for Illinois for my speech class. Part of the requierment for the shpeech is to have an interiew with someone who has expereince with the subject or someone who is a professional. So right now i'm looking around for volenteers who have had to put their firearm to use legaly with a CCW. This could either be brandishing, or activly firing someone. Anyone interested please let me know.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, anyone up for the task? I saw the video and thought it would be a great idea to try to get ahold of him, does he have an email or anything I could get ahold of? I was more looking for someone who had a less of a public experience. Maybe just brandishing the firearm or something. I have 2 weeks, if it comes down to it i'll probably just take a testimony of someone who has gone thru the process to get the permit.

#5 ·
Talk to my husband.. He's the only one I know personally who's had to at least draw their weapon in self-defense. He never fired because just seeing the gun was enough to deter the attack. He's a member on this site as well (jdlv4_0). Maybe you'll find someone else who has a more dramatic story to tell, but we CCWers are pretty peaceful people. :biggrin2:

#8 ·
Good Luck In Your Search...

I know nothing, I saw nothing, I heard nothing...

ret:urla9ub:

#9 ·
Drew,

Brandishing has a negative connotation.

Asking the group here "who has brandished?" is like asking "who has beat up a puppy?"

Good luck in your research!

#10 ·
I agree "brandishing" is a wrong term. Draw your gun and point it at a perp is not brandishing. That is self defense drawing.

Brandishing is waving your gun in the air in a crowd to scare the stuff out of everyone. :argue:

Also, Minnesota and other states have no such thing as brandishing laws at all.

I hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.