AIWB....am I gonna shoot the boys off?

This is a discussion on AIWB....am I gonna shoot the boys off? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so I have 2 or 3 holsters that are absolutely PERFECT for appendix in waist band carry......but I can't get it out of my ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: AIWB....am I gonna shoot the boys off?

Distinguished Member Array Doogie's Avatar

Ok, so I have 2 or 3 holsters that are absolutely PERFECT for appendix in waist band carry......but I can't get it out of my mind that if I have a AD in this holster I am going to shoot my boys off........

Am I crazy??
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post

Ok, so I have 2 or 3 holsters that are absolutely PERFECT for appendix in waist band carry......but I can't get it out of my mind that if I have a AD in this holster I am going to shoot my boys off........

Am I crazy??
    Depends on how large a target they are...

Distinguished Member Array Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the highlands of the foothills
    I carry crossdraw (T)IWB so I'll only blow out my left hip and femoral artery. Hasn't happened yet, however.
    Charlie P.

Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along. -- Terry Pratchett
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My finger can't touch the trigger until I've pulled the gun from the holster. I also carry Revolvers so it's hard to accidently pull the trigger.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Appendix carry is just not comfortable for me and I cannot draw and get on target as quickly as I can from 3:30. Of course, I have never carried from appendix except as a curiosity at the range a couple of times.
    dangerranger and oldman45 like this.

This fear is one of the reasons I don't AIWB carry.
    "... advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." -J.R.R. Tolkien

When was the last time your gun just went off for no reason?

You'll be fine, just pay attention and don't do anything stupid. Your boys will thank you :)

There are some jokes here somewhere, but I would like to remain on the forum...

VIP Member
    I'm done having kids, but I still value the family jewels. You should too. I don't carry loaded weapons pointed at my privates. And I don't GAS how secure you tell me the holster is.
    Ianthin likes this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

If you're really worried about it, carry a gun with an exposed hammer. When holstering keep the thumb on the back of the hammer and it can't ND (no matter what snags the trigger).
    michael t, reppans, SOS24 and 2 others like this.

How many do you actually hear about firing their gun in a holster? The number is really tiny. That said appendix carry is very uncomfortable for me. I am about 75 pounds over my fighting weight. a good bit of that hangs out front. Having a gun there would make bending difficult. With other body types its very possible. Its just not for me. DR
    oldman45 and Old Sarge like this.

I carry IWB on the left side as I am left handed.

I have considered my "boys" in my choice of holster as well as the firearms I carry in that manner.

I carry a revolver with a long trigger pull or a semi-auto with an equally long trigger pull. I specifically do not choose a firearm with a short trigger pull.

I think my "boys" will be OK.

Well if your boys weren't sissy's They just double dog dare that gun to go off. Instead they hide .

I will never carry that way . I keep mine on left side around 8 oclock . Already damaged from previous shooting so well trained in healing. Keep finger off trigger and you will be fine .
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com

1911's forever !!

Distinguished Member Array Stumpkiller's Avatar
    Upstate NY in the highlands of the foothills
    I find I can conceal MUCH better up front than behind. It doesn't print when I bend forward and it's easy to check that my shirt is covering everything up. I never have to worry if I am printing and bothering coworkers. I can also easily keep a hand, clipboard, notebook, binder in fromt when I am dealing with prople 1:1.

Also comfy when sitting and driving. Plus - with my cell phone clipped beside the "J" clip it further disguises the lump under my belt.

AIWB....am I gonna shoot the boys off?-dscn1713.jpg

AIWB....am I gonna shoot the boys off?-dscn1714.jpg
    Charlie P.

Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along. -- Terry Pratchett
    Every word of God is pure; He is a Shield (TM) unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

VIP Member
    Straighten that gig line already. OMG.
    arizona, atctimmy, AzQkr and 2 others like this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links