Loss of CCL - Page 2

Loss of CCL

This is a discussion on Loss of CCL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Always obey the laws that govern concealed or open carry. Becoming a felon will make you very used to not carrying...ever again. My advice would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss of CCL

Always obey the laws that govern concealed or open carry. Becoming a felon will make you very used to not carrying...ever again.

My advice would be: for the next 180 days or until your permit is issued to you, pick where you are going to go very carefully and only go where you must. Make sure that the stores you shop at are in a good area of town and as safe as possible. Limit your travel outside the home and just wait it out.

It sucks I know but, what else can you do?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Frankly crime is not that big of a deal in this state. We have a few gangs, who for the most part are content to shoot one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    What's the "solution" to no longer being allowed to carry concealed in your old state, and not yet being allowed to carry concealed in your new state? Either (a) open carry if your new state allows, or (b) illegal carry. There aren't other choices, really. I'd think it's best to await the new licensing, and perhaps to curtail trips for the next 180 days until you're better able to protect yourselves.
    Wrong, depending upon where he lives at this current time he may have NO option to carry, open or otherwise. Or at least it might not be prudent. State law allows, but since this stupid CCW passed some of the towns have passed ridiculous municipal codes. Hence my reason for asking him.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonovicz
    Human - as to your legal options, Nebraska may honor the permit from your prior state of residence, as Tom G has already mentioned. If this is not the case, you may want to apply for an out-of-state license that will be honored in Nebraska; some licenses may be processed in less than the half-year wait you have to suffer for the in-state permit.

NE does not recognize ANY out of state permits. Not one, nope, nada. Give it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    I guess my thought would be to see if it's legal to carry in a vehicle and how to do that legally?
    It must be cased, or in a glove compartment that is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239
    Always obey the laws that govern concealed or open carry. Becoming a felon will make you very used to not carrying...ever again.

My advice would be: for the next 180 days or until your permit is issued to you, pick where you are going to go very carefully and only go where you must. Make sure that the stores you shop at are in a good area of town and as safe as possible. Limit your travel outside the home and just wait it out.

It sucks I know but, what else can you do?

This is sage advise whether or not you carry concealed. You should always have good situational awareness, and travel advisedly...

As for getting busted carrying a concealed weapon, in this state it's a class I misdemeanor. And I have been caught carrying a concealed firearm. Of course I used the justifiable defense clause and it was no big deal, the officer stopped me for no headlights. I freely admitted I was armed. However that was nearly ten years ago, and I no longer carry in such a fashion, except when on private property. When out of Omaha I used to carry open quite frequently. And still do within my small area of traffic.

So where it stands, NE is generally very gun friendly, heck it is a farming/cattle state, and we have a VERY large hunting population. But the mentality here is "why would anyone need to carry a gun concealed unless you are a hitman"? So most of the time open carry won't even garner a second glance, except in Omaha and now some bliss ninny townships. CCW is frowned upon in many, many other towns, in fact they are busy passing local codes making it illegal to carry, even if you have a CCW. This is why I for one was an opponent of our CCW law. All it's done has stirred up a hornets nest that was best left alone. We already had allowable concealed carry on the books, and virtually NO local laws disallowing it.
    Now we have more hoops to jump through, and even if you do get a CCW permit, a bunch of local laws disallowing carry in their town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links