Utah CCW Permits for Canadians Under Review

This is a discussion on Utah CCW Permits for Canadians Under Review within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From www.canadiangunnutz.com: Many things have occured at Utah BCI including a hold on processing applications, a full and arduous review of the Canadian permitting program, ...

Thread: Utah CCW Permits for Canadians Under Review

Post Utah CCW Permits for Canadians Under Review

From www.canadiangunnutz.com:

Many things have occured at Utah BCI including a hold on processing applications, a full and arduous review of the Canadian permitting program, and policy changes. This review was not propagated by any wrong-doing, nor by any concerns within the department on trusting Canadians.

Another Instructor wanted to take the program to Israel. This created alarm and the potential of permitting enemies of the United States (we are at war). This threw the entire international program on hold. We worked feverishly over the last week to prove and provide intel to policy-makers and believe that we have made our case. We anticipate a release of the hold promptly and have been promised that the Canadian applications will be fast tracked and given priority. It is frustrating to wait this long but understand that some states (Nevada as an example) take as long as six months to issue their permit. BCI is bound by law to inform you within 60 days and they have not complied with their own law. We are no longer allowed or inclined to perform status checks for our students because of privacy laws.

2. Remove Ads

Good luck!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Utah CCW

I think anyone going through Utah for a concealed weapons permit will see major delays until they get the agency funding issues worked out. Even those who are residents of Utah have long waits now. My wife and I go over 60 days this week and have no expectation of getting our permits for at least another 30 days. I guess it could be worse... we could be living in a state where permits are not issued or next to impossible to get a permit. Glad to be away from the crazy California laws
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Dang I was hoping to get mine, hope they sort this out and I have no problem with out of state people paying a bit extra.

Links