ABC News / Gun Control Poll - Page 2

ABC News / Gun Control Poll

This is a discussion on ABC News / Gun Control Poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Voted on the first poll but the second poll does not have a good answer to it. It should have asked if you can vote ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ABC News / Gun Control Poll

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Voted on the first poll but the second poll does not have a good answer to it. It should have asked if you can vote at 18, die for your country at 18 shouldn't every one of those students had the right to carry concealed to class and if that was true would there be 32 dead this evening?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

As of 4:40

No. Violent shootings are isolated incidents and it's irresponsible to link them to gun control.

Yes. This shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns.8,029

I'm not sure. I need more information.651

Total Vote: 24,961

----------------------------------

What the gun-control liberals don't want to realize is that criminals don't follow the law in the first place. Prohibiting handguns will only keep them out of the hands of legal, law-abiding owners. BG's continue to get them as they always will, that is, NOT in the regulated public market.

It is illegal to have a handgun on school property anyway... so if any legal CCW owners were there or around there, they couldn't do anything to bring the situation to an early end. Call the police, wait, and hope the nutjob isn't headed for you.

Just voted on the poll. We're still running about 2-1 ahead. Almost dove in and started responding to the asinine anti posts. That would have blown the rest of my work day.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Voted
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

VIP Member
    Voted.

No. Violent shootings are isolated incidents and it's irresponsible to link them to gun control.
    Yes. This shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns.
    I'm not sure. I need more information.
    Total Vote: 26,893

As of 5:00pm CDT.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Voted

voted

Does anyone know what the campus policy on guns is? I assume that possession is disallowed.

Senior Moderator
    Voted!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by mmwb View Post
    Does anyone know what the campus policy on guns is? I assume that possession is disallowed.
    Any student, faculty member or employee having a gun on campus will be expelled from the University.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Voted. What these people do not want to accept is no law would have stopped this idiot.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Voted.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

voted.......
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Voted, and expressed my opinion of their poll's wording to ABC:
    Your ABC new poll 'Is Shooting Grounds for Gun Control' is very poorly stated. The options offered, 'No, because violent shootings are isolated incidents', or 'Yes, because this shows the violence that can occur when someone has access to handguns' show your editorial board's bias against firearms. I don't know anyone who would use this reasoning to justify a 'no' answer. A simple 'yes, no, or undecided' would have been a much more fair way of wording this poll.

My answer would be no, with a much different justification: If Virginia Tech were not a 'gun free zone', as nearly all schools in this nation are, it's possible that one of the students or faculty present would have been able to put an end to the shooting before 30+ people had been killed.

Virginia has a concealed carry permit system, and by state law, it's permissable to carry a concealed firearm on a college campus. Virginia Tech has a policy against doing so. A bill proposed last year that would have made carrying on campus legal, despite the college's policy, never made it out of commitee.

It's time to reconsider the failed 'gun free school zone' policy. A lunatic who is seriously considering entering a school with the intent to murder dozens of innocent people isn't going to obey a 'no guns' sign, any more than they are planning to obey the law that makes it illegal to kill innocent people! These signs insure that there will be no legally armed citizens available to put a premature end to such a rampage. Notice that there were no insane gunmen shooting up last weekend's NRA convention in St. Louis.

Judging by the response to your very poorly worded poll, with 10,000 more 'no' votes than 'yes' votes at the time of this writing, I'm not the only one who sees the logic in allowing legally armed citizens into our schools!
    God bless the victims of this horrible tragedy, their families, and their friends.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Yes, I voted NO. I have been to VPI's beautiful campus, where my first wife was attending college in '62. Such a tragic and surreal scene today at one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the country.

I just have a hard time grasping the idea of someone wanting to kill every person he meets, I know something has to go very wrong within that person's mind to feel such hate.

If I thought getting rid of guns would solve the problem, I'd be the first in line to give them up!! BUT IT WON'T!! Even with this dismal act, I know an individual's mind was the problem. With the tremendous human diversity among mankind, thre are bound to be those individuals that are VERY different than the average person. Some are geniuses, or musical prodigys, some might be sociopaths, rapists or mass murderers. I know the schools would never allow it, but if there was an armed person in close proximity, and he/she had an opening, who knows, maybe things could have ended sooner, with less casualties.

My prayers go out for all those students injured, killed and traumatized, and their families.

Jim

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links