Discrete LEOs?

This is a discussion on Discrete LEOs? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Then if we're all so supportive of our LEOs then why are so many of the folks in here so against letting an officer who ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discrete LEOs?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Then if we're all so supportive of our LEOs then why are so many of the folks in here so against letting an officer who stops them know that there is a gun present. I guess I'm jaded because I was one of those who had a gun pulled on them during a traffic stop and by the grace of God I made it home at the end of my shift (and he didnt). He was a clean cut good looking combat veteran soldier in a nice car who just happened to like the extra money he made selling drugs. I am sorry that some in my profession have treated some badly, trust me noone gets angrier that a fellow officer hearing it, but to judge us based upon a few negative encounters. I personally am sure that most of the people in here are not anti-leo, but for some reason they feel that them carring a gun is their super secret cant tell anyone which I'm ok with, unless you oops and come into contact with a LEO then all bets are off. I dont for the life of me understand why someone will take the risk of ending up on the wrong end of a gun (or gunfight) just to keep your lil secret. We're not perfect, noone is, but because someone wants to hide the fact that they are packing, and make a movement to innocently reach for their wallet and the backing officer sees a hand reaching back and a gun there. In your mind your just reaching for a wallet, but what does the officer see? Oh well, I've preached enough on this and I guess some folks just wont understand (and prob dont care to understand).

For those of you who do get it, and take the few minutes to let the officer know (yes some states dont tie your CCL into your tags) thank you. I will stand for a persons right to have and carry a firearm as long as I live and have money to support it but understand I will fight just as strongly that every state make it mandatory for a person carrying concealed to "must notify" if they are contacted by a LEO.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I would totally expect the officer to ask where the weapon is so your date is going to find out.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

I would never worry about anyone in my car suddenly discovering that I have a 'legal' weapon...anyone in MY car probably already knows anyway...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    fed with a sig.....

I would inform an officer on a traffic stop whether I was required to or not, I want that officer to know that I'm not a scumbag and that I'm showing him/her respect

so for anyone in my vehicle finding out.....most, if not all, people that will ride in one of my vehicles knows or will know about it......and if they find out about it and don't like it then their feet can hit the pavement and go out in the field and graze with the rest of the
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    I will fight just as strongly that every state make it mandatory for a person carrying concealed to "must notify" if they are contacted by a LEO.
    Good luck. It's not a Federal matter and will never be.

VIP Member
    thats irrelevant, the way I see it, he's saying he'll be doing it for fellow LEOs
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Administrator
    My god I'm tired of this topic.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    My god I'm tired of this topic.
    Yes - I think it's time to shut the door on this one.

Thx to all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links