Can't believe this, UC's 'terror plan'

This is a discussion on Can't believe this, UC's 'terror plan' within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's dunk your head into the hole in the sand!! http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/fre...B-F3F81EB1DB87 "Bridgeman tells 9News "You have to educate your people what to do whether to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe this, UC's 'terror plan'

Can't believe this, UC's 'terror plan'

It's dunk your head into the hole in the sand!!

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/fre...B-F3F81EB1DB87

"Bridgeman tells 9News "You have to educate your people what to do whether to duck and cover. Where are the safe places to go? What should you do in these situations?""

This is coming from the coordinator for the CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROGRAM at the Clermon Branch Campus!!!!

I swear, these officials at UC are starting to piss me off more and more. I think I've been sending e-mails for about 3 weeks straight to officials at UC now.

What the hell kind of advice is "what to do whether to duck and cover"!?!?!?!?

The answer is get students armed if possible and hunker down, or get the hell out of dodge. The fact that you're the coordinator for the Criminal Justice program at Clermont frankly sickens me.

You're trying to teach folks my age to shove our heads into a hold in the sand and play victim, yet you organize the Criminal Justice program!!!

Are you also holding a special class for CJ majors looking to be Law Enforcement on how to negotiate with a serial killer in an instance like this instead of working on getting officers to team up and hunt this guy down, with the ultimate goal of terminating the threat?

I guess the lessons from the school in Beslan, Russia never hit home with you. 323 men, women, and children were murdered in cold blood while police set up negotiations and surrounded the school. Men were taken upstairs and murdered, then all the children that could possibly give them a fight, killed execution style. While police set up negotiations to attempt to talk to these people they were placing bombs in every room they could to take out everyone possible. They dumped the bodies of the dead in front of the school, in some sort of sick display of what they are capable of. Over 700 were wounded.

http://www.emergency-management.net/school_shoot.htm

You frankly disgust me. I know that as a CHL holder, I'm getting to my car and my gun, and vacating the area ASAP. After all, I'm perfectly safe to society pretty much everywhere in Ohio and in other states with reciprocity, but by law having to disarm in a government building which usually has multiple armed police inside of it. Then there's the University. If I'm walking down the street on Clifton across campus, I'm still perfectly legal and pose no threat, but if I step foot on campus, I'm an immediate felon.

Get you situations straight, you don't tell people that are forcibly disarmed by your institution to duck and hide where the threat is located, you get them as far away from the threat as possible.

2. Remove Ads

The answer is get students armed if possible and hunker down
    That will never happen, it makes too much sense. The problem is that most learning institutions are breeding grounds for the mental disorder known as liberalism.

VIP Member
    If I understand it right, hunkering down is exactly what didn't work for 30 victims in Virginia. Must be time to make a new plan.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Armed and hunkered down is different than run and hide in a building unarmed.

Administrator
    Bridgeman is a nice guy, but goofy as can be. He taught some classes when I went there, I got stories! He is one of the "experts" that never worked the street.
    Ask him why a member of his CJ staff just got busted in KY trying to pick up little girls. If he denies it, thats OK, it will be on dateline soon enough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    That will never happen, it makes too much sense. The problem is that most learning institutions are breeding grounds for the mental disorder known as liberalism.
    Yep!
    Attached Images
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

WSU south of Spokane...

PLAY DEAD, seriously it's in the handbook...

EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN

Hostile Intruder Response--Academic and Administrative Buildings

When a hostile person is actively causing or threatening death or serious bodily injury, University Police recommend that building occupants implement the following procedures.

NOTE: While the guide refers primarily to academic/administrative buildings, these procedures are also relevant to other common buildings on campus.

Remain in the classroom or office and immediately lock doors to the hallway. If possible cover any windows or openings that have a direct line of sight into the hallway.
    If communication is available, telephone 911.
    Do not sound the fire alarm. A fire alarm would place occupants in potential harm as they attempt to leave the building.
    Lock the windows and close blinds or curtains.
    Stay away from the windows.
    Turn off lights and all audio equipment.
    Try to remain as calm as possible.
    Keep everyone together.
    Keep classrooms secure until police arrive and give directions.
    If not in a classroom, try to get to a classroom or an office.
    Stay out of open areas and be as quiet as possible.
    If caught in an open area such as a hallway or lounge, you must decide upon a course of action. Options include:

Hiding

Make sure any hiding place is secure and not obvious.

Running

If you think you can safely make it out of the building by running, then do so. If you decide to run, do not run in a straight line. Attempt to keep objects such as, desks, cabinets, fixtures, etc. between you and the hostile person. Once outside, do not run in a straight line. Use trees, vehicles and other objects to block you from the view of the intruder. When away from the immediate area of danger, summon help in any way you can and warn others.

Playing dead

If the person is causing death or serious physical injury to others and you are unable to run or hide you may choose to play dead if other victims are in the immediate vicinity.

Fighting

Your last option if you are caught in an open area in a building may be to fight back. This is dangerous, but depending on your situation, this could be your last option.

If you are caught by the intruder and are not going to fight back, obey all commands and don't look the intruder in the eyes.

Once the police arrive, obey all commands. This may involve being handcuffed or keeping your hands in the air. This is done for safety reasons and once circumstances are evaluated by the police, they will give you further directions.

Assistant Administrator
    Your last option if you are caught in an open area in a building may be to fight back. This is dangerous, but depending on your situation, this could be your last option.
    LAST option? What does the body count have to be before this stage can be reached?!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    Holy cow! I'm glad school is behind me. Oh wait. Its not. I have kids.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would hope based on this weeks events they will take a good hard look at that.

"don't look the intruder in the eyes"... this sounds like something they tell you to do if approached by an ape in the jungle.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Administrator
    Put all the finer points of what the handbook says... it just amazes me that the need for such instruction finds it way into a handbook.
    I thought handbooks had rules like not chewing gum, who to call if your going to miss a class, or what radio/TV stations will have closing info on.
    I guess times are different now, but jeese, at least come up with something better than "run away" or "dont look them in the eye".
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Willington View Post
    WSU south of Spokane...

PLAY DEAD, seriously it's in the handbook...
    Yes, and it's the LAST option?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Actually the lock the doors and block them is not a bad one. Worked at least at one point at Va Tech we are told.

This is assuming they bother to tell you there is a gunman lose on campus... so you can do it BEFORE he has entered and shot people.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Hmm playing dead, sounds like if one were to try that they would not be "playing" for very long.

I'm pretty sure that most people who would go through the planning that the VT killer did would notice who they had shot. or at least think to themselves "Hey I haven't been here yet why is there a dead person?"

Just thinking that it is quite unwise to consider one's enemy a fool or unintellegent. Often such beliefs are based (albiet most times unknowingly) on pride, and pride always proceeds a fall.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Exactly. I doubt in many cases that the lack of blood, and the chest cavity moving with breathing would fool anybody. I also believe that somebody that psychotic would have no problem shooting a few rounds to double check himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links