Next up on Fox News (Fox and Friends)

This is a discussion on Next up on Fox News (Fox and Friends) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Fair and Balanced Debate" on CCW on Campuses. Suzanna Hupp made our argument so eloquently with the hosts that there was really no argument at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next up on Fox News (Fox and Friends)

Next up on Fox News (Fox and Friends)

"Fair and Balanced Debate" on CCW on Campuses.

Suzanna Hupp made our argument so eloquently with the hosts that there was really no argument at all. Just some very curious questions which were not at all argumentative.

I hope, but I doubt, that Fox puts her interview up on thier website. That would be great.
    Last edited by purple88yj; April 18th, 2007 at 08:32 AM.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Any links to submit ideas?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Unfortunately not. Their idea of a debate is sometimes really one sided. In this case it was well stated by Suzzana Hupp, who was unopposed, simply questioned by the newscasting panel.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

I just sent an e-mail to Fox News, requesting them to put a video file up on their site to this interview. Let's see if they are willing.

Suzzana can speak with authority on the subject, Did they bring up a previous school shooting in VA, the Law School way down in the SW end, where two students retrieved guns and stopped the shooter after only killing two people. I would guess not, one can only imagine how the shooting at Va Tech could have been different.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

No, they didn't get into any of those stories.

Mrs. Hupp is probably one of our (gun community) most well spoken proponents, and she gets a lot of attention, I think, because most women that you speak to would go the other direction on this issue.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    I just sent an e-mail to Fox News, requesting them to put a video file up on their site to this interview. Let's see if they are willing.
    I would very much like to see this. I'm sure it'll wind up on youtube eventually.

Would you care to post the email address you used? I'd like to write them also, and I imagine more of us would too, but I want to make sure we're sending them to the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Suzzana can speak with authority on the subject, Did they bring up a previous school shooting in VA, the Law School way down in the SW end, where two students retrieved guns and stopped the shooter after only killing two people. I would guess not, one can only imagine how the shooting at Va Tech could have been different.
    At Va Tech, nothing would have been different in this particular case if students only had guns in their cars. The students would have gotten their guns from their cars, and been back at the building 45 minutes later, after the shooter was dead and the cops were cleaning up.

The parking lots at VT aren't very close to many of the academic buildings; there are a few closer lots, but they fill up extremely early, and most people have to come in from lots that are something like 1/2 mile away. Plus, many of these students probably lived in the doors way over on the other side of campus, which is also a very long walk.

The only feasible solution here is to allow CCW on campus.

This is also why this whole idea I keep seeing in the media about walling off campuses and putting airport-style security is just ridiculous. The campuses at colleges like this are huge, and open. Most of the students commute in from outside houses or apartments (there's not enough room in dorms for them, even if they wanted to live in dorms which they don't). There's no way you could effectively set up a system where 15,000 students, staff, and professors drive in in the morning and go through airport-style security booths in any reasonable amount of time.

Try
    http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player...hows&251&&&exp

It's about 4 minutes long. I think it's the clip purple is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    At Va Tech, nothing would have been different in this particular case if students only had guns in their cars. The students would have gotten their guns from their cars, and been back at the building 45 minutes later, after the shooter was dead and the cops were cleaning up.

The parking lots at VT aren't very close to many of the academic buildings; there are a few closer lots, but they fill up extremely early, and most people have to come in from lots that are something like 1/2 mile away. Plus, many of these students probably lived in the doors way over on the other side of campus, which is also a very long walk.

The only feasible solution here is to allow CCW on campus.
    I'm not arguing with that, CCW would be the best, guns kept in cars are never the easiest thing to get to, but my point is that VA Tech is a "no guns , safe zone" so they say, and there are examples here in the US where guns have been used to bring a shooters rampage to an end. Yes, if these person's had been carrying their weapons, even more lives might have been saved. I guess I was thinking faster than I was typing.

What a great interview! Thanks for sharing the link!

Just watched the interview. She did a wonderfull job. Thanks for the link.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Is it me, or is she getting better looking as time goes on?

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Could someone put this on YOUTUBE? I (and possible others) can't see it. BTW I do have the correct plug-ins.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links