I SORT OF got made, but in the WIERDEST of ways.

This is a discussion on I SORT OF got made, but in the WIERDEST of ways. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A lot of you know that I hurt my toe on Monday, and not only does it still hurt but the tip of my entire ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I SORT OF got made, but in the WIERDEST of ways.

Senior Moderator

I SORT OF got made, but in the WIERDEST of ways.

A lot of you know that I hurt my toe on Monday, and not only does it still hurt but the tip of my entire toe is now deep purple. Therefore, I've been favoring my foot.

But no injury was going to keep me from my weekly trip to the range and so last night I hobbled up to the range, did my shooting and came home.

This morning I got up, hobbled to work, and I wore the same shoes this morning that I wore to the range last night.

So, today at lunch I was sitting with a colleague and I had propped my foot up on another chair to take some pressure off of it.

A guy from our IT department walked by, stopped and looked at my foot. He asked how it was feeling. I said it hurt and he said, "I know why!" At which point he leaned down and removed a .22 shell casing from the tread in my shoe and said, "You might want to watch that from now on," then winked at me.

About an hour later he comes to my desk and says, "So, what crime scene did you walk through lately to get a shell casing stuck in your shoe?"

I said, "No crime scene. I was at the range."

"What .22 were you shooting?"

"I wasn't," I say, "it must have just been a casing from another patron. My .45 casings must have been too big to get stuck in my treads."

His eyebrows raise, ".45, huh?"

".45" I say.

"1911?" he asks.

"Yes. Springfield. And I had a Colt Mustang Plus II in .380 with me as well." I had taken pictures of my targets and sent them to my husband last night and asked him if he wanted to see.

We talked about guns for awhile. Apparently he was in the Navy and has a couple of different guns.

I told him I go up to the range every week and we started talking about rifles and other weapons.

He steps away for a second and then comes back and says, "You know, you are the ninth gal I've met here who's into guns and the fourth I know who carries."

"How do you know I carry?" I ask.

"I don't," he says. "But not many people go up to the range every week just for the heck of it. You're practicing for something and I'm betting it's concealed carry. Heck, I have my permit."

I didn't confirm his suspicion but I didn't say no either. He says, "Next time we go to the range I'm inviting you."

"Who's 'we'?" I ask.

He says, "You'll see," and walks away.

So, I didn't necessarily get made, but it was interesting anyway.

It's good to know there are more gun people than just me in this building.

2. Remove Ads

Good thing you didn't have a flight to catch.
    -Biker

Lead Moderator
    Nice to find more gun owners. Gotta watch those .22 casings. they get everywhere.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Lead Moderator
    Might be interesting to find out who the "we" is.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Good thing you didn't have a flight to catch.
    lol... seriously. i bet that would make the TSA agent looking at all the shoes on the x-ray machine go nuts!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Might be interesting to find out who the "we" is.
    He briefly mentioned that him and some other gun people in our building go to the range together. I'm betting that's what he means by the "we."

I work in education, and though I do not work at a school I'm still in a community that strongly believes that guns and education don't mix and are very anti-gun. Because I've been a little more outspoken about my interests than others I have been teased about it (I've never said I carry, but that I'm pro-gun).

I'm certainly not going to the range with someone I don't know but I'm guessing he didn't want to say too many names to protect those who are pro in our building. We'll see.

He knows my husband's a former Marine (heck, I've got pictures of him in uniform everywhere) and mentioned him as well. That would be fun... a little inter-branch rivalry.

them darn 22 shells, i was showing my car the my sales manager to get his approval because i was trading it in, and the car is a hatchback, so when i opened the hatch/trunk, in the upper door jam there was a good handful of 22 shells from plinking last weekend using the roof of the car for rest, with the hatch open he didient say anything and i remained silent, i wish to continue carrying at work under "don't ask, don't tell" i have never read or signed anything that prohibits me from carrying so far...

toe is now deep purple
    Is it playing rock music?

I'm sorry, that was bad.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    Is it playing rock music?

I'm sorry, that was bad.
    LOL... but it made me laugh..

No, it wasn't playing rock music, but it was doing something crazy cause it banged itself hard enough to get a new look.. Idiot toe!

So the guy came back and was showing me his targets..lol. Good times at work.

Assistant Administrator
    Sympathies for that poor hallux! My dear daughter had surgery on an ingrowing nail and suffered a lot with that - more pain than most folks can imagine.

Sounds like you were not so much made as just 'discovered' as a shooter. It's good to have other shootin' folks around.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Oh gee... I just had the third person from IT come by and say, "Just WHAT was stuck in your shoe?"

Sigh... Why is this such a huge thing?

From now on I'm checking my treads...

Although I have been known to open my purse a time or two and find a few casings in there. It's the price of regularly shooting.

Assistant Administrator
    Why is this such a huge thing?
    It ain't - it's a lil bitty .22

I guess folks are as often, interested - if not pleased - to find a lady shooter
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    He knows my husband's a former Marine (heck, I've got pictures of him in uniform everywhere) and mentioned him as well. That would be fun... a little inter-branch rivalry.
    Well you said he's Navy....... Try not to hold that against him!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

You could tell them you accidently shot your self in the toe I bet that would start some rumors. Just kidding.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Just tell the IT guys that you shot the guy who stepped on your toe with .380, and you exchanged get well cards. That should be interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links