"Why we carry" thread location?

This is a discussion on "Why we carry" thread location? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can someone please help me find the thread that had a long list of "why we carry" and/or "comebacks" for gun ownership/carry? The original poster ...

Can someone please help me find the thread that had a long list of "why we carry" and/or "comebacks" for gun ownership/carry? The original poster had a really long list, then people were adding to it. I meant to subscribe, but I see I must have forgotten.

I've searched and searched, but as you can imagine searching for "cops", "carry", "self defense", and the sort get too many hits for me to sort through!

Many thanks!

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately that's not the thread. The one I'm looking for had a really long list, maybe 30-50 sayings, in the original post.

Back in January, there was a thread entitled "Ever Been A Victim?" posted by ExSolider in which it was asked what brought people to the point of carrying concealed. Click here. That might be it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Once again, thanks, but that's not it either. I really do appreciate the help, but I feel bad for having to keep saying "no".

In the thread, the first post was really long. I know it was here, since I don't read other gun related forums except for Glocktalk, but I only read specific maintenance and model threads over there. I read nothing about carry issues, politics, etc.

I'll keep browsing through the backlogs of threads, I remember it being posted some time ago. If I ever find it, I'll be sure to post it! And subscribe!

Thanks for all the help.

Hmm..I may have found it.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=21922

Although I recall people adding to the list, and I thought it was older than that. Oh well, I'm getting forgetful i guess! Well, after looking at 40+ pages of posts, I've had enough.

Thanks all for the help.

Links