VT copy cats have already started. My University was just threatened. - Page 2

VT copy cats have already started. My University was just threatened.

This is a discussion on VT copy cats have already started. My University was just threatened. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In N. GA we had a bomb threat at one school today and two 15 yr olds are in custody. Probably a prank but still ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VT copy cats have already started. My University was just threatened.

In N. GA we had a bomb threat at one school today and two 15 yr olds are in custody. Probably a prank but still stupid.

At another high school a threat was made that tomorrow would be a massacre larger than Columbine. School is scheduled to be open because of state testing this week but will be on lock down.

Even if pranks, it seems that kids today just don't care about the consequences of their actions. Sad.

It is not a problem with kids "nowadays". It is just on a larger scale due to higher poplulation. I doubt that culture has much to do with it.

Kids have always played "cowboys and indians".
    I'm married to my Kahr.

3 schools in my area have received bomb threats already. I give it less than 4 weeks before we actually see a copy-cat...
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Lets hope not.

The recent news headlines make me proud to be able to bear arms.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

Its nice to know that people are already duplicating what happened.
    Their not . VT wasn't warned But still I find it reprehensible that people are pulling the threat stunts .

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zxd9 View Post
    Even if pranks, it seems that kids today just don't care about the consequences of their actions. Sad.
    Some of the problem is there are no "consequences of their actions"! Most of the time there will be probation; divertion; a slap on the wrist. Yes, they may get kicked out of school; remind me this is punishment how? What needs to happen is felony charges. And parents like mine --- you did the crime! NOW do the time! Both in the jail and later at home. My wife works as a counselor in a mental health center; she handles the truents who have been to court for their truent behavior (divertion); it is to be family counseling; she has a hard time getting the child and one parent to make the sessions let allow the family when they do show up for the session.

Until consequences happen that are appropreate for the crime; kids AND ADULTS will continue to engage in criminal behavior. I have read you all telling people to do so; on this thread and others! The phrase "Concealed is concealed" when referrencing a Gun Free Zone is a CRIME; if caught their WILL BE CONSEQUENCES! Are you willing to pay the price?

I am pro carry! Do I think that Monday at VT would have been less deadly had there been a concealed gun? YES, less dead student; and the Bad Guy IDable from his face! Do I think that the person with the CCW should pay the price (recieve the consequences) for having the CCW? YES! Civil disobedience has its price!!!

I know 2 schools closed today here 1 was a colleges i didn't hear if the other was or not they made sure to let ya know that anything that was threatend that the feds will be looking into it so the one is closed till monday

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I am work in public school and I am very concerned, especially with tommorow being the anniversary of Columbine.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links