VT copy cats have already started. My University was just threatened.

This is a discussion on VT copy cats have already started. My University was just threatened. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; News @ Old Dominion University SECURITY ALERT FROM OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY Late Wednesday afternoon, Old Dominion University received a telephone threat, which the university is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

News @ Old Dominion University

SECURITY ALERT FROM OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
    Late Wednesday afternoon, Old Dominion University received a telephone threat, which the university is taking seriously. The caller threatened a shooting on campus. The university has increased security on campus and our police are working with the Norfolk City Police to ensure safety for students, faculty and staff. Please exercise caution and report any unusual activity to the campus police at xxx-xxxx. Students who choose not to attend class tonight will be accommodated.

Its nice to know that people are already duplicating what happened. I also am looking at writing a letter to my dean about firearms. They are banned from campus therefore leaving my gun at home. I am not going to continue to go to class if the bomb threats are no longer around and now people threaten to shoot up my campus. This is bogus ******** and I hope the person who made the call is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent. Most people that knew about what happened did not go to class. Some professors canceled while others still had class that were unaware.

Thoughts?

VIP Member
    my thoughts......they need to be strung up on the nearest tree
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    my thoughts......they need to be strung up on the nearest tree
    amen !.... with mandatory attendance for the student and faculty to see and witness.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    One time I heard that concealed was concealed!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    I hope that all of you stay safe!

Most of the 'squirrels are not in the trees...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We had some bomb threats at a few of our local campuses as well. Link below to story if interested. Guns are only allowed in your car while on campus here, but at least they are allowed per state law. Not sure if these campuses have other restrictions.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/12493654/detail.html

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I remember some idiot thinking it would be fun to call a bomb threat into my HS. We sat outside on the bleachers for over 2 hours, just to find out said idiot had skipped school that day and called the threat in from home. Even had the audacity to try and deny everything, despite being home alone.

I hope all these colleges get their heads out and start allowing CC.

Either way, I hope they catch the person that called the threat in.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I become more and more convinced every day of the usefullness of guns like the Kel-Tec P-3AT.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I wonder where all the loose screws come from?? Until powers to be
    see the light regarding gun control we will continue to have events like this happen several times a year.It's not the guns fault!

Assistant Administrator
    Somehow, there are idiot punks who seem to derive satisfaction from hoaxing. We had a bomb threat note at a local school more than once in recent months.

The mentality of a percentage of kids these days is both infantile and dangerous .... and the only way to deal with culprits (if they can be caught) is heavy, very heavy punishment.

Reminds me too of kids who do a hoax 911 and get emerg' services out for nothing. The cost is high and of course it takes them away from real situations when lives can be lost. Some of my ''measures'' in mind for these idiots are not printable.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The same thing happened yesterday at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Some deranged idiot with a twisted sense of humor left a typed bomb threat in a restroom.

My thoughts (which reflect most of the pro-firearm community):

If, for example, I was going to class at a university that did not ban guns, a shooter may not have taken so many lives. Also, if I were a student that returned to VT after this incident I would compelled to break the law and carry on campus just to feel safe. That would make me (a responsible citezen with personal and public safety in mind) a criminal.

Even though the shooter at VT bought the guns legally, he did not posses a permit to carry and, of course, VT bans guns anyway. Criminals will always find ways to aquire guns, legally or illegally, and the only way to prevent tragedies such as this is to arm responsible citezens and lift restrictions on when and where you can be armed.

This whole incident makes me sick beyond words...
    I'm married to my Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    I become more and more convinced every day of the usefullness of guns like the Kel-Tec P-3AT.

It's so small i "forgot" i was carrying it,

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagphish View Post
    The same thing happened yesterday at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Some deranged idiot with a twisted sense of humor left a typed bomb threat in a restroom.

My thoughts (which reflect most of the pro-firearm community):

If, for example, I was going to class at a university that did not ban guns, a shooter may not have taken so many lives. Also, if I were a student that returned to VT after this incident I would compelled to break the law and carry on campus just to feel safe. That would make me (a responsible citezen with personal and public safety in mind) a criminal.

Even though the shooter at VT bought the guns legally, he did not posses a permit to carry and, of course, VT bans guns anyway. Criminals will always find ways to aquire guns, legally or illegally, and the only way to prevent tragedies such as this is to arm responsible citezens and lift restrictions on when and where you can be armed.

This whole incident makes me sick beyond words...
    Note -- it is NOT against Virginia law to carry on a college campus -- it is just against college policy (most cases) and can get you kicked out of school if they find out. So I would go with "concealed means concealed", myself.

i was not aware of that. I agree...concealed means concealed. If the safety of myself and the poeple around me gets me booted from school, so be it.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links