NRA - Page 3

NRA

This is a discussion on NRA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just signed up for the EPL! I was a yearly member, but decided to step up the game! (I'm well aware that this is not ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA

Just signed up for the EPL! I was a yearly member, but decided to step up the game! (I'm well aware that this is not a game...it was just a figure of speech)

FYI-I called to set it up first with a rep, because I'd prefer to talk to people when I do stuff like that, and the rep said "Ok that'll be quarterly payments of $33.33..." I says Wait a minute, online it says quarterly payments of $25.00... He says well over the phone my computer isnt set up for that price, so I had to sign up online.

Oh well, in 10 years I'll be a Lifer!
    Last edited by ShowMeState1977; April 19th, 2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typos
    Press the fight!

+1 EPL Life Member here. Question though: Can I pay faster than over 10 years for this? I can afford $25/mo probably, is that possible? I have an email in to NRA Membership about it, but I wanted to see if anyone out there was doing this too.

Supertac, you're a good person for donating toward a good cause.

NRA member too.....

The NRA is doing an incredible job going after all the fires in this country

Unclesam,

I'm sure they'll be happy to get your money as soon as you want to get it to them.
    Press the fight!

VIP Member
    DID IT!

I'd been meaning to join for awhile. The VT shooting and all the anti-2A crap thats been spewed out made me, my brother, and mom all go ahead and join this week.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

me, my brother, and mom all go ahead and join this week
    That's great! I'm signing up my wife & kids. (I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner).

VIP Member
    before my dad died he said that the NRA is one of the few things that will help keep the government from taking away our guns

I think that is never more true than now
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I am the NRA!

I said this in another forum, but I'd like to see the number of renewals and new memberships between last Thursday (NRA convention started then) and today. I bet it is an impressive number!
    Press the fight!

Lew
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Lew I have heard you on Cam and Company thank you for all you are doing!

Your welcome!
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Some, Anti-Gun Guru, I forgot who, said "I guess we should just let the NRA run the Country then!"
    I wish we could be so lucky.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    The NRA would be well served to publish a new magazine targetting political centerists, libertarians or those that are apolitical.
    I find the demonisation of all aspects of the Democrats in 'First Freedom' to be uninformed. Sure, Democrats have amongst them the primary antis, but there are also Democrats that are very gun friendly that have never considered joining the NRA because of the exclusive partisan politics.
    I don't know how you can claim that the NRA is unfriendly to the democrats. I personally will never send them another cent because of the large number of democrats that they endorsed in 2006. Like it or not, Democrats in power is bad for your gun rights- and helping any democrat get in officer to vote the leading antis into leadership is terrible for any group that claims to support the RKBA.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    life member

VIP Member
    Same here...Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I don't know how you can claim that the NRA is unfriendly to the democrats. I personally will never send them another cent because of the large number of democrats that they endorsed in 2006. Like it or not, Democrats in power is bad for your gun rights- and helping any democrat get in officer to vote the leading antis into leadership is terrible for any group that claims to support the RKBA.
    I suppose I'm one of the few here that let my membership lapse on purpose. It's not just because they endorsed too many democrats though (because I don't trust either half of the two-headed snake and I'd introduce a mongoose if given the chance). Personally, I distrust them. Sure they do great work the majority of the time, but they're kinda like a mistreated pitbull. They'll work their hindquarters off for you and tear into any advisary...that is until something snaps and suddenly they've turned on you. I let my membership lapse two years ago after being a member for 7 years. About the only group I trust is VCDL.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links