NRA

This is a discussion on NRA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; if you own a gun, you need to join......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA

if you own a gun, you need to join...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

2. Remove Ads

NRA member.
    Don't agree with everything, especially being in Iowa and not getting much publicity about our Sheriffs discretion issue. But there's not alot of choice.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

crap. I have to pay my dues. My membership lapsed 3/30/07 because I stopped opening the payment due things about 9 months ago... and I only paid for one year.

Signed up online for a two-year membership tonight.

Angry

Am a life member, instructor and RSO. However, I don't agree with much of what they've been doing for the last several years. They still have their place, and do much good... but...

Mr LaPierre's most recent statement that "... our position is NO GUNS IN SCHOOLS - ZERO TOLERANCE...." really got my hackles up. Most of what I've been reading on the numerous boards indicates that, suddenly, there are many more out there that disagree with this policy than used to be. And for good reason. Time for the "rank and file" out there to let him know that he's gone in the wrong direction this time... and needds to to a turn-about quickly...

FWIW...

Howard
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    SC SLED Certified CWP Instructor

I'm just 21 and a broke college guy and I still rounded up enough cash to get a NRA Membership for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    I'm just 21 and a broke college guy and I still rounded up enough cash to get a NRA Membership for a year.
    GOOD FOR YOU! Never give up.

Personally I think that if you are a gun owner and not a member of the NRA you are no better than a blood sucking parasite that should've been aborted.

No, I shouldn't have been aborted, I'm a Member!

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by hpj3 View Post
    Am a life member, instructor and RSO. However, I don't agree with much of what they've been doing for the last several years. They still have their place, and do much good... but...

Mr LaPierre's most recent statement that "... our position is NO GUNS IN SCHOOLS - ZERO TOLERANCE...." really got my hackles up. Most of what I've been reading on the numerous boards indicates that, suddenly, there are many more out there that disagree with this policy than used to be. And for good reason. Time for the "rank and file" out there to let him know that he's gone in the wrong direction this time... and needds to to a turn-about quickly...

FWIW...

Howard

I believe (I may be wrong and will gladly admit it if I am) what you are talking about is a speech given by Wayne LaPierre on May 1st, 1999. http://www.nra.org/Speech.aspx?id=6043 This speech was given right after Columbine. I presume that he was speaking about guns in elementary, jr high, and senior high schools. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Press the fight!

Does anyone have the NRA sticker on their vehicle? I haven't yet, still thinking about if I should or not.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Paid up until 2010.Maybe it's time to get lifetime membership.There are few things in life I feel strongly about firearms ownership
    is one of them!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Paid up until 2010.Maybe it's time to get lifetime membership.There are few things in life I feel strongly about and firearms ownership
    is one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Does anyone have the NRA sticker on their vehicle? I haven't yet, still thinking about if I should or not.
    Absolutely it is on my car! Too bad the wife won't let me put my 2nd sticker on the glass front door of our house :(

I don't have any stickers promoting gun ownership on my POV.

I do this so that I'm not "Targeted" by local LEO's or local hoodlums.

Biker

IMHO, a gun owner boycotting the NRA is kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I like what hpj3 said. Maybe we "rank and file" should start letting the NRA know when and how we disagree with them.

Many voices singing the same song can be very powerful. The VCDL has proven that many times over.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links