CCH may not have helped - Page 2

CCH may not have helped

This is a discussion on CCH may not have helped within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every situation is different. It is easy to say we will do this or we will do that. When it really happens to us, that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCH may not have helped

Every situation is different. It is easy to say we will do this or we will do that. When it really happens to us, that is when we will know what we will do. We know the outcome of this so it is easy for me to say I would of gone and looked for the guy but in real life I do not know what I would of done. What I do know is if I would of been in one of those classrooms I would of dropped him in a second. What I do know is those kids would of had a better chance on life if the option to CCW was there. What I do know is if it was not for guns all those dumb A$$es that want to take them away would not be here and everyone in this country would more then likely have a British accent.

My 2 cents worth of a rant.

VIP Member
    ElCruisr - you're right, there are deeper issues at work here. The passive mindset that has infected so many Americans - even when we're at war, even when we KNOW that there are a lot of people in the world who want to kill us simply because of our nationality - is the real reason things like this happen.

But in this situation, specifically, one CCW could have made a drastic difference. Imagine this headline instead: "Violent gunman kills two before being shot by armed student/professor." Bad, yes. Infinitely better then what actually happened? Certainly.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    I agree with OPFOR and ELcruiser

But how do we change the mindset? John Wayne is dead who do we get as or spokesman or woman. Who can tell America that we need to grow up as a country and realize that we a responsible for our on safety.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

But in this situation, specifically, one CCW could have made a drastic difference. Imagine this headline instead: "Violent gunman kills two before being shot by armed student/professor." Bad, yes. Infinitely better then what actually happened? Certainly.
    Yes, but with the current mindset of all the sheeple, they would label the "Hero" as a criminal and reward the shooter for his "pain and suffering" Oh wait that is the UK.

One of the RAs in my building found out that I was capable of defending myself (not with firearms) 3 years ago. To this day she cringes everytime she sees me carve meat or handle my knives at work (cooking knives of course) Her belief, which is shared by many many people, is that the mere knowledge of self defense makes you more dangerous to the general public. People who refuse to bow down to evil make those that will do as such uncomfortable. Part of it I believe is envy, because they realize on some level that if SHTF they would need you, or sombody just like you, and that scares them. Sheeple prefer to hand off the responsibility of defense to others, but that does no good if the one that recieves that responsibility (indirectly mind you) has a face and a name. Most people who say only the Police should resist evil men do not know any officers personally. So it is a good way to make them feel better without having to deal with the reality of the situation. Which is that they are the sheep and require Wolfhounds to stay safe.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

A CCW was armed and willing to get involved would have made a tremendous difference. Steve48

This really is a great question to ask. Thinking about it I am mixed on my decision. Part of me would want to find the shooter who is possibly shooting at or already killed my friends and the other part is to stay put in the room drawn down and waiting.

It is a very tough call about what to do. Just sitting here trying to come up with an answer is hard enough.

True a CCH MIGHT have sat and done nothing...but they also MIGHT have engaged the BG and either stopped or disrupted his rampage. As soon as this guy heard cops in the building he shot himself, what would his reaction have been if someone had started shooting back?

As it stood there was absolutley NO chance of that happening...none, nada, zero........

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    It's been my experience that no matter how much of a pacifist someone claims to be, when someone is shooting at you and you have a gun available, you tend to shoot back. It's a matter of instinct and self preservation. I gaurantee that if a CCL holder was in one of those rooms, they would have at least tried to shoot the guy.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Yes, but with the current mindset of all the sheeple, they would label the "Hero" as a criminal and reward the shooter for his "pain and suffering" Oh wait that is the UK.

One of the RAs in my building found out that I was capable of defending myself (not with firearms) 3 years ago. To this day she cringes everytime she sees me carve meat or handle my knives at work (cooking knives of course) Her belief, which is shared by many many people, is that the mere knowledge of self defense makes you more dangerous to the general public. People who refuse to bow down to evil make those that will do as such uncomfortable. Part of it I believe is envy, because they realize on some level that if SHTF they would need you, or sombody just like you, and that scares them. Sheeple prefer to hand off the responsibility of defense to others, but that does no good if the one that recieves that responsibility (indirectly mind you) has a face and a name. Most people who say only the Police should resist evil men do not know any officers personally. So it is a good way to make them feel better without having to deal with the reality of the situation. Which is that they are the sheep and require Wolfhounds to stay safe.
    My hope (unlikely as it may be) is that this may open a few eyes. Perhaps the friends and families of the victims will realise that the person willing to defend himself (and, even if by distant extention, THEM) is not to be feared or shunned. If even a few people realize that the only one that is there to protect them 24/7 is THEMSELVES, we may find a bright spot on this darkest of events.

I'm sorry you have had such a negative experience with people who know you take responsibility for your own safety. I have had similar experiences, but more often I have had the opposite. I suppose it is different because of my job and background (though it shouldn't be), but most people who know that I am conscious of my own safety (i.e. armed and mentally prepared) are grateful - they know that I will be able to extend my sphere of protection to them when I am around. My point to them is to arm and train themselves, because neither I nor anyone else will always be around...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Betty +1

BTW don't schools still have fire extinguishers in their hallways and classrooms?
    That is a weapon and creator of cover built in to one.

Spray the BG in and around the face and he'll be inhaling that crap which is not for him going to be fun. Choke...CHOKE!
    As well if it gets in your eyes it'll be difficult for him to carry on.
    Then there is the component of it being an impact weapon as well, after dousing and dazing the ******* assuming you have no where else to go but trhough and past him.

Thare are many weapons around even if they don't shoot bullets or go bang.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sometimes you have a moral obligation to help strangers.

Could you really live with yourself if you stood idly by while all those people were murdered?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

WOW......... why wouldnt someone that was armed have stopped it? Could you live with yourself if you didn't?
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

p85
    I have to agree with Betty. Protect the ones around you, barricade yourself in. Dont go looking for the trouble, it will probably come looking for you anyway. My luck, just as I would be bearing down on the BG, the cops would enter and shoot me.
    As much as it might help save lives for a legal concealed permit holder to engage the BG, we are not LE. Protect youself and those around you.

Senior Moderator
    I agree with Betty

The best thing to do in that situation is to hunker down and defend in place. I am not trained in room clearing nor do I want to be shot by the Police by accident
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I started this thread just to get people thinking. I think maybe it was mis understood by a few. I believe with all my heart that gun free zones are a death sentence to our school children and that every citizen should have an opertunity if not the obligation to protect themselves and those other good people around them. I believe that the mear fact that a concealed firearm might have been present may have detered this whole incident. I also feel like others on here that any chance, just one peerson armed could have made a differance.

I think its a great question and its getting some great answers but I do not want you to think for a second that I do not support concealed or open carry in about any situation.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links