Know your enemy...

Know your enemy...

This is a discussion on Know your enemy... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/1...l-legislation/ This is CLASSIC! This is a perfect example of the emotion based reasoning (rather than factual) used by the left. It's appalling that this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Know your enemy...

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/1...l-legislation/

This is CLASSIC! This is a perfect example of the emotion based reasoning (rather than factual) used by the left. It's appalling that this is the "quality" of leadership representing us in government.

The clip is of Rep. McCarthy - the sponsor of much anti-gun legislation - who is asked by Tucker Carlson about the inclusion of "Barrel shrouds" on the list of weapons to be banned in her Bill.

Her response is frightening yet priceless.

Enjoy!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love the way Tucker Carlson says 'No, it's not' at the end. Shows her to be the complete nincompoop that she is.

How come that does not surprise me?
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

The other thing that kills me is the "this may not be the best legislation" comment from HER - the one who wrote the FRIGGIN' LEGISLATION!!!!!

<SERENITY NOW... SERENITY NOW... SERENITY NOW.../END CHANT>

Senior Moderator
    I am afarid that most of the legislation is passed is not understood by those who pass it.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    I think that is the most horribly FRUSTRATING part about the whole "anti" argument.. They have NOOOOO idea what they are talking about! None... whatsoever.. ARGGGG!

Administrator
    Oh my... I need a barrel shroud wrapped around my head.
    What a POS! So many issues on different levels! I cant decide if she is just a liar or a stupid POS. Oh, wait... I figured it out... BOTH!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Rofl, that was hilarious.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Senior Moderator
    I wonder who feeds her this crap. If we can find the groups that provide her the infromation that she puts in her bills then we could have more infromation the discredit the legislation before it comes on the floor.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Now folks you cannot expect legislators to know everything about items they attempt to regulate. In fact how dammed unfair of you to expect them to know ANYTHING about them . This is why we must draft and pass feel good legislation. Actually doing something is not important , feeling good about our legislation is . Its for the Children , so how dare you question it , besides next year we will bring back midnight basketball , for the children of course !!
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Oh my... I need a barrel shroud wrapped around my head.
    What a POS! So many issues on different levels! I cant decide if she is just a liar or a stupid POS. Oh, wait... I figured it out... BOTH!
    After that you may want to add a few layers of duct tape around it to prevent any loss of shrapnel when your head explodes (odd occurrence that tends to follow watching and/or listening to anti's).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    After that you may want to add a few layers of duct tape around it to prevent any loss of shrapnel when your head explodes (odd occurrence that tends to follow watching and/or listening to anti's).
    Good idea... I'll BRB.

Can anybody drill holes in my head to allow the steam to escape?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    That would be funny if it weren't so sad...

At the end there, did she try to say it was some sort of stock? In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny: "What a maroon."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I laughed at how idiotic she sounded, until I remembered that she has garnered in excess of 30 co-sponsors for her bill. Don't take anything or anyone for granted, she appeals emotionally to a segment of members of the House of Representatives and she appeals to a segment of society--as misguided as that is.

Take the time to read HR 1022 and write your senators and your reps...I know I'm preaching to the choir...I don't want to see this piece of crap legislation passed into law
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Oh the dilemna. I got into a hopeless discussion with an anti at work today that spiralled downward into a hopeless argument. Not only do these antis not know anything about guns or gunowners, they don't know that they are so ignorant. This schmuck thinks the fact that the PO has all kinds of problems controlling their own guns (the local sheriff has had a bunch of cruisers broken into and AR15s taken, the secret service had an agent with an ND at the White House gate the other day, etc) proves that civilians just can't be trusted with or allowed guns.

So while it's pointless to try and change some people's minds, the dilemna is to gauge when someone isn't too far gone to maybe "save their soul" from the antis, so to speak. I hate it when I misjudge.

The silver lining is that one of the employees overheard our discussion and volunteered that if some wacko came in and tried to pull a VT on us, he'd hope that me or someone like me with a CWP was around before the criminal got around to his area. Not everyone is lost...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links