TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads) - Page 2

TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads)

This is a discussion on TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's be careful about celebrating too soon. As far as I know right now, this hasn't been passed. Anybody know the specifics of if or ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads)

Senior Moderator
    Let's be careful about celebrating too soon. As far as I know right now, this hasn't been passed. Anybody know the specifics of if or when?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

FJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post

If we can resturant carry man I'd be happier than a pig in mud.
    That would be great. I'm a resident of Michigan, but recently spent a week's vacation down in your fine state, in the Pigeon Forge area. Pained me to have to leave my pistol behind every time we went out to dinner.

After listening to John last night...it is supposed to be put on notice this week, along with the removal of the ban on carrying in state office buildings
    Link to that story

I have to agree..it ticks me off every time we want to go out to eat someone other than fast food. I H A T E leaving my weapon in the car
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Man, if you guys would just get restaurants that server alcohol into the mix I'd really enjoy travelling to Tennessee. :)
    +1 I would love to see restaurant carry where alcohol is served ...

Senior Moderator
    Anybody got any updates on all this? I'm afraid you're gettin' my hopes built up for a disappointment.

There are no updates due until the 25th or 26th, I forget the exact date, when it is up before Commitee.
    I think with all the media attention and common sense prevailing it will pass. There is a Republican majority here in TN and Burchett is well regarded.

I heard the State representative who proposed this bill in an interview on talk radio this morning.

His statement was, "People are concerned about protecting themselves. If a person has gone to the trouble and expense to obtain their carry permit, and they are clear and approved to be issued a permit. Then they should have the right to carry their gun ANYWHERE they go. This bill is the first step in that process."
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Senior Moderator
    Thanks, 0.02. I'm not optimistic because we have had hopes in the past only to see pro gun bills die in committee, the resturant bill is one.

I hope this isn't a posturing ruse to gain the gun guys support when they know full well the bill(s) will never make it to a vote. So far, it's nothing more than talk, and we've heard that before.

Naifeh and the ABC (Alcohol and Beverage Commitee) shoot the restaurant bill down every year. Not sure why, my wife explained it to me several times but I forget. Maybe once this bill passes (and i do think it will) we will be able to use that momentum next year to carry on tidying up our gun rights?

Update:

Bill was not heard this week, will be heard next Wednesday.

RB
    Thanks for the update .02

I heard the same thing

Stay tuned

Seems like every month or two I get happier and happier that we moved to the great state of Tennessee after getting our butts kicked by hurricane Katrina in Mobile County Alabama.

Tennessee really is a cool state....as long as you live in the right parts of it. I live in extreme Western Tennessee, where most of the Libs are. But it still isn't a bad place.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The latest I heard is the restaurant bill has been taken OFF notice in the house until Jan08...no update on the bills disposition in the Senate.

That REALLLY ticks me off....I HATE having Cracker Barrel as the only "sit down" place to eat without having to sheep up and leave my pistol in the car.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Restaurant Bill will pass after Naifeh leaves, that is all there is to it really.

And that sucks because he's a career guy..so dern close to resturant carry yet so far

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links