TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads) - Page 4

TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads)

This is a discussion on TN making laws less restrictive (merged 2 threads) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just in case you missed this bit from the post above. “The legal permit holders in this state have demonstrated they are responsible. Their behavior ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just in case you missed this bit from the post above.

“The legal permit holders in this state have demonstrated they are responsible. Their behavior is as good or better than law enforcement,” Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains, said in advocating the bill.

Someone, shake that man's hand!!!

"Common sense would dictate there is a time and a place for firearms and a state park is not the place for them," said April Welch, chairwoman of the Tennessee Park Rangers Association. "It's a family friendly location."

Yeh, and we all know that noboby's ever been attacked in a park around here!

The bill is dead.

That's not official yet but it has been sent back to Committee. This means it is dead but the sponsors don't want to give in.
    Jim Kyle (Memphis) added some language to it that made it guaranteed to fail, he sabotaged the bill.

Thanks Jim. Now we have to try again next year.

I saw Tim Burchett on Wednesday night and he intimated that this would happen on Thursday, sure enough the bill was tampered with.

002 (heh...we need 3.1 more of you then we have 007)
    If you're in Nashville do you come to the TFA meetings? we had a pretty good discussion on this situation.
    I also had a nice email conv. with Allison Hatcher of News 2 after they reported the law was going to allow us to carry in bars. One lawmaker was quoted as saying why would you want to have a gun in a bar unless you were looking for trouble. Never did mention the fact the the 3 bills that are now dead stated that you couldn't drink while carrying....which pretty much cancels out going out to a bar IMHO
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

It never ceases to amaze me how many dirty, underhanded tricks exist in politics. What doesn't surprise me is that the deal killer for this otherwise common sense legislation came out of Memphis.

If it weren't for a couple of good barbeque joints I'd be in favor of selling the whole damned city to Arkansas or Missippi ... complete with legislators!
    Jack

This is some bull you know the rest..
    I want to say something but it's not appropriate..

This will be remembered next election

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    ....I'm afraid you're gettin' my hopes built up for a disappointment.
    I hate to say I told you so, but....

I think until we get some guys out of office or at least out of committees, we're going to continue to see this behavior. This 'committee' thing has been going on for many years now.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

we gotta get rid or Briley now. His committee position give him way too much control over. He's the one that attached the amendment to force the parks to put up signs to notify people that it's legal to carry there. That pushed it to the finance committee to kill it due to costs.
    Nashvillians need to remember this when voting in the Mayors race. Theres ANOTHER Briley running for Mayor
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

this stuff just makes my blood boil.....these same people who say we dont need the guns to protect ourselves wont go into these same places without armed guards.......go figure

actually as i looked at this info tonight looks like it is in ways and means right now. we will have to see what they say but looks like it still has a shot. not much might i add but i can hope....lmao

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    actually as i looked at this info tonight looks like it is in ways and means right now. we will have to see what they say but looks like it still has a shot. not much might i add but i can hope....lmao
    It is in 'ways and means' (budgeting) as that is where bills go to die.

Not LMAOing here.

VIP Member
    Good going Tn.. Lets work on Applebee's.....

i dont like it anymore than you but hey what can you do but laugh at the stupidity of our elected officials to do what they want not what the people that voted for them want =O)

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    i dont like it anymore than you but hey what can you do but laugh at the stupidity of our elected officials to do what they want not what the people that voted for them want =O)
    I wasn't saying that you shouldn't be laughing, just that I'm not laughing.
    Sorry if it seemed like a dig, it wasn't.
    I'm just sad about it and not too optimistic about next year. We had a great chance this year but it got weighed down with unnecessary additional language.

Still not LMAOing.

yeah i know and i wasnt taking it that way at all. no worries =o) but i can still hope. maybe we paid too much in taxes and they will use that money usefully and not on a raise for themselves

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links