Teachers comment on carrying - Page 3

Teachers comment on carrying

This is a discussion on Teachers comment on carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a teacher, I have my CPL, I carry as often as I can. Although I can legally have my gun in my car ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teachers comment on carrying

I am a teacher, I have my CPL, I carry as often as I can. Although I can legally have my gun in my car at school...I am afraid of what might happen if the administration of our district found out, so it stays at home.

I teach in a small school with only 15 full time teachers. 2 of us have our CPL's and a 3rd is taking the course this spring. 3 out of 15...20% of the teachers in our building...that is well above average!

We also have a skeet and trap shooting club (for students, staff, and administrators) at our school, but these guns must be kept in the Administration Building during the day.

Write your state senators and representatives...that is the only way that these laws will allow us to protect your children.

I teach at an urban high school of about 1300 students with a staff of about 80. As far as I know I'm the only CHL holder on campus, and I do keep my handgun concealed and locked, in my locked car. If my administration ever found out and tried to do anything about it, there'd be HUGE lawsuits filed, but that's another issue. I know of maybe 3 other people on my campus that might be interested in getting a CHL, and 2 of those might carry on campus if allowed to do so. My bet is no one else would even consider it. We also have one LEO on campus at all times, but he's physically unable to respond quickly.
    When not inside the school building I stay armed most of the time.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I teach in a public high school and I would carry concealed in a heartbeat.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

As a soon to be administrator if I can get an admin job in a K-12 school. I would be for at least administrators having the option if they so choose and have a permit. Yes I do have a permit and carry on my part time job, ankle holster w/ Kel Tec 38T. At school the punishment is too harsh and they use dogs occasionally that sniff drugs, powder, and other illegal contraband.
    Toad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links