Fred Thompson on VPI shooting

This is a discussion on Fred Thompson on VPI shooting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As as accomplished actor, who usually plays law enforcement and politician roles, I'm surprised he's never had a role as President. He certainly looks the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fred Thompson on VPI shooting

As as accomplished actor, who usually plays law enforcement and politician roles, I'm surprised he's never had a role as President. He certainly looks the part, much more so than many recent real Presidents...

He seems like he'd be a lot more honest than the past 20 years' worth of Presidents too.

2. Remove Ads

Dub'Ya and the checked-pants Republican crowd doomed the GOP for 20 years by squandering 8 years of a clear opportunity to rehabilitate this country from the mental illness of the "New Left" Counterculture of the 1960's. If Mr. Thompson could team up with Romney's money and experience and run as Independents we might have a chance to forestall the catastrophic events that will result if our next President is Mrs. Bill Clinton.

I Like What He Has To Say...

He also travels without a bunch of B.S. throwers and B.S. spinners...he speaks his mind...not what others want to hear...

Seems original...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well said, Sen. Thompson. all I can say is... Fred Thompson for President!
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    gregma,
    I know I don't agree with him on all the issues, but when it comes to the SecondA, I do. (just as I don't agree with all the issues with Bush)
    Also, is ANY other potential presidential candidate saying ANYTHING remotely as pro gun as him?
    Guiliani? NO
    McCain? NO
    Tommy Thompson? NO
    Romney? NO
    Hillary? don't make me gag......
    Obama? NO
    Should I continue?. So far he's the only one totally on our side of this issue. If there is a better one let me know...so I too, can support him.
    Huckabee is pro gun, has his CCW license
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    Huckabee is pro gun, has his CCW license
    His son doesn't anymore though...

From the news.
    The son of the former Arkansas governor held a concealed weapons permit at the time of the incident but state police are taking steps to revoke it. The elder Huckabee, who said last week that Virginia Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho perhaps could have been stopped if a teacher or student had also been armed, also has a concealed weapons permit.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member
    yeah, I saw that, but that makes no difference in his dad's stance on the 2A, CCW, and the war on terror
    of course, he's not getting anywhere near the media coverage as the other candidates (that is until his son get caught with his head up somewhere) neither we nor Huckabee Sr needs that kind of publicity
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Fred appears to be the real deal and I hope he is!

Giuliani will not be on the Republican Ticket, there is no way the grassroot primary voters will put a Pro Abortion, Pro Gay Marrage, and Anti Gun candidate on the ticket.
    I also think FT is the real deal. He is very common sense and just what America needs. His problem is he is way behind in the funds raising game right now. It will be hard to catch up, but I hope he has a lot of friends with deep pockets.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

I will vote for Fred and work for his campign if he declares. Thus far he is the only viable possible cadidate who is conservative. I'm getting sick of hearing all of the fawning over Rudy. Hell will freeze over before I vote for a New York gun grabber.

JMO- Your's may vary.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I will vote for Fred and work for his campign if he declares. Thus far he is the only viable possible cadidate who is conservative. I'm getting sick of hearing all of the fawning over Rudy. Hell will freeze over before I vote for a New York gun grabber.
    I can't believe Giuliani is even considered a Republican, or worse, "conservative". He's anything but.

Maybe conservatives should start running on the Democrat ticket. After all, it seems like the Republican Party no longer really represents conservatives, and everyone knows what happens when someone tries to run on a third-party ticket. It already seems like the Democrats have a tougher stance on illegal immigration than the Republicans, who are totally in favor of an open border.

I've never contributed to any politicians campagne. If Senator Thompson decides to run that's going to change. It could very well be some of the best money any of us could ever spend.
    FRED for PRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a FT supporter for a few months now. He hasn't declared yet, but he's been doing a lot of extra editorials and guest appearances lately. He's also doing better in the polls than some who have declared.

GO FRED!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links