odd experience at airport - Page 2

odd experience at airport

This is a discussion on odd experience at airport within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gun magazines are not the same as Joe Darkhair with his laptop having gun logos and such on his creen. I can see exactly how ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: odd experience at airport

Gun magazines are not the same as Joe Darkhair with his laptop having gun logos and such on his creen.
    I can see exactly how a tenderfoot citizen amongst the public might see this and become alarmed.

An easy enough thing to explain away it is.
    When I'm flying and seated in public zones I'll go into the sites control panel and disable display of images. Additionally I'll be sure to scroll my page down enough so as to not show the site banner graphic if it features a firearm.
    Or as noted pickup a privacy screen for your laptop.

Welcome to 21st century Amerikkka

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    why do some of you want to (and do) hide the websites you look at?
    I say...screw em if they're eavesdropping on what is on my computer screen or whatever magazine I'm reading.

I too purchae gun mags at the airport to read while I'm waiting and on the plane. I do get some "looks" from some people and I stare right back at them, but sometimes I smile.
    I'm not breaking the law and if I upset their stomach of grass they just grazed on then oh well, they can get over it. Pepto is sold at the airport too.

I'm an infidel and I approved this message.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

64Z,

Because I don't have time or interest in going through what the OP did, thats why.
    I do the same if visiting a site that might display NWS related content and/or avatar images.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    i can understand not wanting to deal with the questions, etc, not an "attack" on you or your opinion
    my thoughts are: the more the , LEO, etc see that a good guy is reading a dang magazine or looking at a website that its not the end of the world and the place is going to blow up.
    We shouldn't have to hide our interests and these people need to see that when they "sound the alarm" on the good guys that its ridiculous.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Lead Moderator
    That's just unreal. SOme people can be such... Well, you know.

Next time shoot them with your computer...... After all I see a pistol AND a shotgun at the top of the page!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

No disagreement there, it is ridiculous.

But then so is it with people clutching their purses tight and scooping up their chirren as I walk up to share an elevator with them or sit next to them on the plane. The elder woman sitting next to me on my flight yesterday refused to even so much as look at me as she tightly clutched her purse over a 2.5 hr. flight.

Ridiculous people are everywhere and as such you just learn to adapt and deal with it even if it's not understandable.

- Janq

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Thought police alive and well . . . and watching!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I almost always buy a gun mag at the airport and then read it on the plane. If they sell it there.....

I don't fly often, but that's a good idea, and I'll do it next time I fly.

I'd LOVE to force the ACLU to come to my aid to defend my 1st Amendment right to read about the 2nd Amendment!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I'd LOVE to force the ACLU to come to my aid to defend my 1st Amendment right to read about the 2nd Amendment!
    Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen.....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I read my Concealed Carry & SHOOT Magazine on planes and in the airport all the time. If they choose to arrest or harass me for that they'll be talking to my lawyer and later settling my lawsuit.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    that's pretty funny. And they tied up 3 cops dealing with that?

I was actually going to do exactly the same thing in the airport on my back home this morning, but their wireless network was down.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I would have gone off on the airport wench.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    It had to be someone looking over your shoulder because if it was someone sniffing they would have seen that you were not going to Terrorist Sites!

I try to always fly southwest and I lay the most gun blatant magazine or book I have on my lap while people are getting on and I hope that some people will say he is a gun nut I am not sitting there and leave the seat next to me MT.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    Geist, if you were to pull out a small rug, face to Mecca and start "praying" while browsing those "terrorist" websites, I am sure nobody would even think to bother you.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links