odd experience at airport

This is a discussion on odd experience at airport within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so i was traveling for work returning from Phoenix back to alabama and i was sitting in the airport and checking over my regular sites ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

so i was traveling for work returning from Phoenix back to alabama and i was sitting in the airport and checking over my regular sites and reading the news and stuff. sites included this one and thehighroad. well at some point a usairways employee walks up to me and asks me to come with her. thinking that its a problem with my ticket i grab up all my stuff and follow her. well i follow her through all the crowd and when i get to the other side there are 3 cops waiting.

well the cops tell me that they had reports of someone looking at terrorist websites and blah blah blah. i guess maybe the grpahic of the gun at the top of this page. so i told them i did look at some ccw websites and they were like ccwhat? and i was like conceald carry discussion forums. upon which the usairways lady starts asking what that is and stuff. and the cops are like well we know you didnt do anything wrong but you need to be careful what you are looking at in airports.

i never did think to ask if it was someone standing behind me that accused me of this. or if it was just them sniffing out my internet connection somehow since ii was just using public wifi

kinda screwed up when your not doing anything wrong but you have to be careful anyways.

A terrorist website?

Very strange. Sounds a little big brotherish to me.

Isnit geist German for ghost? :)

Welcome!
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

VIP Member
    We're you on the airport's WIFI? Is so, they could be monitoring which sites people visit. If you were on an aircard, someone was looking over your shoulder, next time......back to the wall!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Wow... I read gun magazines in the airport and on planes all the time. I wonder if that bothers anyone around me.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

VIP Member
    next time......back to the wall!
    It seems our backs are already to the wall, with this kind of Thought Police intrusion into your (our) life...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

yea it was the airports wifi so i wasnt expecting privacy or nothing but at the same time i wasnt looking at anything illegal

yea i was thinking what next not gonna let me on the flight anyway? or off to room 101!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna scream terrorist the next time I see someone at the airport looking at a Brady bunch-type site. If there is anyone as big an enemy to this country's consitution as Al Qaida, it's them.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I almost always buy a gun mag at the airport and then read it on the plane. If they sell it there.....
    -Biker

Sad when you have to worry about people thinking badly about you just because you like guns.

just get one of those privacy screens that slide over you laptop screen. Those things are great!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    I almost always buy a gun mag at the airport and then read it on the plane. If they sell it there.....
    That's what I do, I save a bunch of them up & catch up on my reading while flying.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Almost every airport has Guns & Ammo on the news stand shelves. Baltimore even has Combat Handguns and a couple others! I was stopped in the Baltimore terminal once by an airport employee because of a copy of Combat Handguns I had in my hand but it was only because he did not realize the new issue had hit the shelf yet.

Seriously I wouldn't worry. At least the people there are looking around. 10 years ago if someone saw something suspicious they probably would have said nothing. If in passing someone saw only a glimpse of guns on a laptop screen in an airport I can understand the concern. Every 2 minutes the PA announces "Hightenned Security" and asks people to report anything they see. Be polite and it should not be a problem.

RE: odd experience

"Geist" is German for ghost or spirit or mind -- the meaning of the word is much broader than the English word "ghost."

I almost always buy and read a gun magazine, if I can find any I haven't read, when ever I travel. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the Gedankenpolizei (Thought Police).
    "The world is a dangerous place not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links