Defensive Carry banner

Ted Nugent on CNN!(merged)

3K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  kentuckycarry 
#1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

See less See more
#2 ·
My main comment is that Ted is right on in his commentary! Evil lives among us.

I would like to quote from Dr. Scott Peck in his book PEOPLE OF THE LIE.

He is another, I think, that has hit it right on.

"Evil is in opposition to life. It is that which opposes the life force. It has in short, to do with killing, specifically, it has to do with murder-namely, unnecessary killing, killing that is not required for biological survival."

"When I say that evil has to do with killing, I do not mean to restrict myself to corporeal murder. Evil is also that which kills spirit. There are various essential attributes of life-particularly human life-such as sentience, mobility, awareness, growth, autonomy, will. It is possible to kill or attempt to kill one of these attributes without destroying the body."

If Dr. Peck's description of evil is correct, Cho accomplished a thorough act of evil in both murder and killing of the spirit.

Evil must be opposed with force and since the events of last Monday; I intend to exercise my right, to defend myself and others, from evil by exercising my right as a Concealed Handgun Licensee in the State of Texas. I intend to carry my weapon every day, every where I go.

My fear? I am a factory rep and my clients are high school districts, universities, hospitals and many governmental agencies where by state law I am prohibited to carry my weapon on the premises. Yes; "Gun free zones". I intend to start writing my state elected officials until this part of the law is changed. I just hope that the anti-gun lobby will come to realize that people intent to commit evil deeds will find a way to get weapons. The truth is, if we can't prevent illegal aliens, drugs and other contraband from entering the United States, why would anyone think that guns would be any different?

Disarm law abiding citizens and only evil will be armed. You ask about police? There were thirty-two dead before they could respond at Virginia Tech! No, I'm not calling Police Officers evil!

BJ

#3 ·
"When I say that evil has to do with killing, I do not mean to restrict myself to corporeal murder. Evil is also that which kills spirit. There are various essential attributes of life-particularly human life-such as sentience, mobility, awareness, growth, autonomy, will. It is possible to kill or attempt to kill one of these attributes without destroying the body."
"Evil is also that which kills spirit. There are various essential attributes of life-particularly human life...autonomy, will."

Such as when gun control destroys autonomy and will--ergo, gun control is evil. Sorry, preaching the obvious to the choir....

#6 ·
Ted is my hero!

#7 ·
From the comments:

Nita Olson, Florence, Mississippi
I believe he is right! I'm not fond of guns, but I believe we should have the right to bear arms and protect our loved ones. I, for one, would not hesitate to shoot someone trying to enter my house, car, etc. Reason being you ask? If the "suspect" is entering my home, armed with a gun, then I feel no remorse about shooting someone who is coming into my "zone" with the intent of hurting/killing me or family and taking things that I have worked hard for and will not give it up "because it can be replaced."
Looks like Ted is converting people.

#15 ·
On these things do they normally put a disenting opinion right at the top? They did on this one. Interesting, if misguided reading: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/commentary.plate/index.html

Guess he doesn't realize that all those other freedoms that he likes and thinks are working so well depend directly on the 2nd Amendment.

#22 ·
This really gives me the creeps.... especially the title: "Let's lay down our right to bear arms"

For some reason I continue to be surprised that there really are people out there that would like to give up RKBA. They are not stupid, and they really believe that giving up RKBA would make this a better world. There is nothing more scary than a true believer.

Please do not take our rights under 2A for granted. There is always someone out there trying to take them from us.

#19 ·
Unbelievable this Tom Plate guy should just walk around with a white flag and say come and get it. What a dumba$$ and the people that agree with him. Scary stuff. :buttkick:

#17 ·
GOD given right

I dont know if any of you read some of the comments from viewers but one said to Ted "I dont know what God you worship" I wrote a reply that never got on but it went like this "when they were leading Jesus away from the garden that night to stand trail he said to his followers 'sell your cloak and buy a sword' " what did he mean by that?

#18 ·
Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.
AMEN!!!

THOMPSON / NUGENT 08!!!

Now thats a ticket I would love to see.

#20 ·
Interesting to read the comments listed below Ted's CNN piece. Poor Jesus. Pieces of what he said get quoted by both sides-usually out of context. Yes, Jesus said, "The one who lives by the sword dies by the sword." And he also said, "Let him who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one." Each of these sayings has a historical and a literary context, but that's another whole line of conversation.

Somehow we need to encourage the "other side" to reflect on the "unintended consequences" of the so called "gun free zones". Nugent's article does a nice job of calling people to see this uncomfortable (to the gun-banners) truth.

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by the number of people who are beginning to "get it" after Virginia Tech. I'm also encouraged by the timidity of the majority leaders in congress to touch the gun control rail. I think they also realize a growing number of people-both Democrats and Republicans (and others, of course) are unwilling to take self-defense away from "the people".

#23 ·
...<snip>...

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by the number of people who are beginning to "get it" after Virginia Tech. I'm also encouraged by the timidity of the majority leaders in congress to touch the gun control rail. I think they also realize a growing number of people-both Democrats and Republicans (and others, of course) are unwilling to take self-defense away from "the people".
I agree Peter. I think that the horrific scale of Va. Tech has at least made some of the usual A2A crowd at least willing to listen. Now is the time for Pro 2A org's to make their pitch. IMHO

#24 ·
From the commentary ....

Linda, Plymouth, Michigan

To back up Ted's points, when have we ever heard of a gunman killing 32 people in a police station? How about at an Army Base in Michigan? Nope. How about at the local shooting range? Tons of guns there, you'd think there'd be mass killing there every other weekend with all the guns...oh wait...at all those places the victims would be armed and would shoot back. An armed gunman wouldn't get out more than one shot, if that, before being stopped.

!

#26 ·
Great Reply...

Ted's definitely a 'different' kind of guy. I met him in a 'Meyers' (like a WalMart), in Jackson, MI...where he used to live, and I worked.
He's a man's man when it comes to hunting and 2A.

His reply in this letter is to the point...just as Ted Nugent always is...:hand10:

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#27 ·
Gun free zones work! They become hunting preserves for people with evil intentions.

#28 ·
Plate "Let's lay down our right to bear arms"...

Mr. Plate can chose to lay down his weapons and join any flock the watchdogs care for. Fact-of-the-matter, if he really believes his own rhetoric I believe it would be in his and our best interest if he weren't armed. However to suggest the "WE" give up that right runs counter to histories lessons, common sense, and logic.
It's the right to chose, carry or not carry, but it's an individual choice. It's not open to debate, interpretation, or discussion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.