Wow...amazing how dumb some folks are

This is a discussion on Wow...amazing how dumb some folks are within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jeep45238 3 of the people killed by Cho were concealed handgun license holders, disarmed in accordance to VT's policy. I am NOT ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow...amazing how dumb some folks are

VIP Member

Question jeep45238...

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    3 of the people killed by Cho were concealed handgun license holders, disarmed in accordance to VT's policy.
    I am NOT doubting you, and I had wondered if this might be the case. Can you tell me the source of this? Thanks!

(I'll be embarrassed if this is in the links you posted; I've bookmarked your initial post,but haven't had the chance to peruse them yet. )

2. Remove Ads

Heard it on the news yesterday afternoon. Haven't had a chance to look for a link to one yet.

You've done a very good job of refuting the idiocy of an anti gun moron but I am afraid that as usual, they have a protective layer of stupidium around them that logic can almost never penetrate. I hope you made a dent at least but I wouldn't count on it.

Good responses by the way. You are a clear thinker and blessed with logic.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Heard it on the news yesterday afternoon. Haven't had a chance to look for a link to one yet.
    Thanks! Give us a heads up when you find it!

Administrator
    Very nice work. I would have blown a gasket and ruined my computer, you did far better than I would have.
    "Just blame Sixto"

[QUOTE=Sig P239;348254]You've done a very good job of refuting the idiocy of an anti gun moron but I am afraid that as usual, they have a protective layer of stupidium around them that logic can almost never penetrate. I hope you made a dent at least but I wouldn't count on it.

QUOTE]

YES! Another new word to use. It appears that "stupidium" is much stronger than kevlar.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Your rebuttal was inteligent and you presented it well.

All the anti-gun "experts" that have jumped on the VT tragedy and are saying guns must be restricted and banned have very poor arguments and their data is very inaccurate and exaggerated from everything I have heard.

Positive pro gun education, presented in a mature and responsible manner is the way to go. Looks like you did that. If we all started being hateful or stupid in our arguments it would just fuel thier cause.
    Best,
    JP
    D/FW, TX

VIP Member
    I was watching "The McLaughlin Group" today, and was astounded to learn from one of their resident "experts" that the Glock pistol used in the VT tragedy was fully automatic.

Duh! Didn't you know that the bullets Cho mail ordered were specifically designed to be shot and impact with 80,000 foot pounds of force 600 yards away and go 900,000 feet per second?
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

It only gets better. Just got an email from that facebook website, this chick wants to (as the email puts it, not me) :I've requested to add you as a friend on Facebook

I couldn't resist:

What's with the drastic change? From saying I'm responsible for people being aware of existing law, and then saying that I'm responsible for violence other people cause, to requesting me to join that facebook thing? I don't get it.
    ~Mike F.

VIP Member
    Hmm, other countries with very restrictive gun laws don't have gun violence? She should come hang out in Rio, or Sao Paulo, or Recife for a while. I'm sure some of the 'unarmed' Brazilians would like to show her just how little gun violence there is here...

Excellent response and overall handling of the situation. Understanding that people are emotionally raw right now, and knowing that beating them about the face and neck with their own ignorance (as I often want to do) is even less helpful then normal, your reasoned and fact based reply was very well done. Keep us updated on the conversation...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

This person whom you are having an email ping pong match with can likely be summed up in one short sentence-

Pigs don't know that pigs stink!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

You guys need to see the local Campus rag here... I already posted their idea of "what to do" i.e. play dead in that situation...

http://www.dailyevergreen.com/story/22444

guns are bad MMMM-kay....

BARF

Dropped off my 5 page (double spaced) that you can read in another thread. I got told (as I was handing it over) "we don't usually publish anything from students other than letters to the editor".

That's fine, because you just said there's an exception, and even if it's not published, it just might spark somebody there to do a similar article.
    ~Mike F.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links