New Twist To The Ccw Badge Thing!

New Twist To The Ccw Badge Thing!

This is a discussion on New Twist To The Ccw Badge Thing! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an idea that could be good or maybe a crock of doo. The supposed purpose of the CCw badge is if your coat ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy New Twist To The Ccw Badge Thing!

I have an idea that could be good or maybe a crock of doo. The supposed purpose of the CCw badge is if your coat blows open and your hog leg is exposed then the sheeple will see your howdy-do-dee badge and figure you are one of the good guys and not pee their pants. Well since it is stupid to carry a badge because the badge means nothing except that you have been to the Gun show, then what about another way to carry your CCW card. What about a belt clip tha holds your card and has a clear window so it can be seen? It would be clipped on your belt next to your heater just like the special agent/bondsman/bikini inspector badge was. Then if your Miami Vice jacket/photo vest/Ted Nugent tee-shirt gets lifted in the wind then your Goverment-let-you-have-your-rights card would be seen and the sheeple would be continent yet again.

Maybe this was a stupid idea.

Assistant Administrator
    This has come under discussion a few times, on and off. Overall I think, bad idea.

Good concealment means just that - so folks need to find ways to guard against the ''wind blow'' and similar hassles. A badge is in itself I think rather ''Mickey Mouse'' - or wannabe statement! As for the CCW itself being on belt - well, not so sure many folks would see it for what it is anyways - unless up real close.

So - for me - let anyone guess whether I carry or not - and if seen, just act regular guy going about his business. Nothing to prove
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Got to agree with P95Carry

Those badges are for anyone wanting to play cops and robbers. I can't believe they get almost $70 for them. Luckly here in Minnesota we don't have a conceal carry law but it is wise to do so anyway. That is what I and most instructors teach.

My suggestion is kept it covered up. If it is exposed and someone says something take it as an opportunity to enlighten them about our 2A rights.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Solution, keep your coat closed. Do not expose yourself:)
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Administrator

Lucky

I try to look at every idea with an open mind.
    One thing I learned is that your average "run of the mill" people are extremely unobservant.
    So...in the event that you inadvertently "flashed" ~ they could look at your LTC in an official looking I.D. CARD type case (worn right next to your firearm) & possibly be less panicked in seeing that.
    I see nothing inherently wrong with your idea.
    It is not the same thing as carrying a phony badge....which I am totally against. There would be nothing illegal or improper in doing that.
    Your License To Carry is your legally owned identification and your personal property - you can either put it in your wallet or wear it next to your firearm. You can carry it wherever you want to on your person.
    That being said it's your responsibility to make every attempt not to ever flash your firearm. I'm sure you are already aware of that.
    Could your idea help "cover you out" in the event that you make a carry boo-boo?
    It couldn't hurt. Go for it...if you are overly concerned that you might possibly flash.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe
    Those badges are for anyone wanting to play cops and robbers. I can't believe they get almost $70 for them.
    Yeah, especially considering that the most expensive authentic badge in a police supply catalog I just got is $51, for the gold plated model.

I can see where Lucky is coming from, but I'm with the rest on this one. Focus on prevention of the "flash" as opposed to the results.

SSKC

Administrator

Talking Sskc ~ Lucky

I've been legally carrying for over 10 years...actually closer to 15 years & I've never accidentally flashed in public.
    So this is all probably an answer to a problem that should not ever exist.
    I do also strongly believe in personal freedom...as long as it does not infringe on anyone else's rights or freedom.
    So that is why I say that if it's his License To Carry - he should be able to carry it in any way and anywhere that he wants to carry it without it being an issue.
    I think we're all in agreement that the phony metal "Concealed Carry Badge" is not a great or very smart idea.
    In fact...the next forum member that opens up a CCW Badge ??? Topic hasta buy me an Ice Cold Beer! (new forum rule)
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Well here's another twist...suppose I vacuum seal my shirt on over my IWB holstered Kimber to the point you could read a serial number....ya with me? The gun is totalled "concealed" yet anybody with at leas 20/150 uncorrected vision could see you have a gun! Nope the law ain't been broken.

Badges?

Okay. I've waited eight whole posts (including mine), and no one has said it yet, so here goes:

"Badges? We don't need no steenking badges!"

SSKC

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SSKC
    "Badges? We don't need no steenking badges!"
    I was also wondering when that would come up. Now I know, lol!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Wink Yup Dumb idea!!

Who is this Lucky guy? What a Jerk. Clipping your CCW card to your belt what an idiot!! Get a life Lucky you dumb head, Hey wait that's me!! Now you know why they call me Lucky :-) Hey they laughed at Edison (not Thomas but his stupid cousin Ralph). They laughed at Seinfeld, and Carrot top! Ok back to the drawing board.
    I too have carried for ten years and have never had a weapon exposed. I just was looking for an idea to sell to the cowboys that was more palatable to rational people.
    Thanks for the input.

Administrator

Hey...cut that out.

LUCKY...No charcoal broiling or blasting yourself on the forum! :heeeellll

It's OK...it was just a very slightly dumb idea.
    Not...real...real...real dumb.

Lead Moderator
    The big downside to CCW permit next to your pistol is if a LEO asks for your permit. I am not gonna be reaching anywhere near my pistol to retrieve my permit.

Administrator

rocky

That's a good and valid point that I failed to think of.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    LUCKY...No charcoal broiling or blasting yourself on the forum!
    Yeah...let the rest of us do it! ;)

Seriously, Lucky, you presented an idea for comment, and you got comments. That's what this forum is all about. Please note that while there were some "no" votes, you didn't see much in the way of out and out flames that you would have seen on some other forums. I think the folks here are pretty civil.

Please continue to bring up questions or ideas - that's how we all learn.

SSKC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links