Operation Liar - Tom Plate - Page 2

Operation Liar - Tom Plate

This is a discussion on Operation Liar - Tom Plate within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd say it was a good thing the gun used to hold him up decided not to shoot him. If guns do the killing, how ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Operation Liar - Tom Plate

p85
    I'd say it was a good thing the gun used to hold him up decided not to shoot him. If guns do the killing, how come they need to be held?
    p85

It was probably some scumbag punk ..... with an airsoft gun and a compatible 'air-rated' laser........

BTW, nice of hm to advertise to the world that he will gladly give up his belongings and self to any and all who ask at his home in Beverly Hills.
    He's going to be very popular with the felons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The man's a wuss!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Senior Moderator
    Perhaps he didnt notify the police and file a report because he was embarrased at the wet stain on his crotch and the squishy sound that loafers make when they are wet and you walk in them.

It never ceases to amaze me that a WUSS expects everyone around him to be a WUSS.

Call me simple ,but I aint got no use for grownup punks.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Doesn't he know that it is a felony in CA to shine a laser on someone...

(it is - my parents lived there for several years between dad's stints as a LEO - mom used to run a bingo game and they had to have armed security...)

he was robbed by a laser...

couldn't happen, no one would risk compounding their crimes by doing something like that..

Just one little, minor adjustment

"Far fewer guns in America would logically result in far fewer deaths from people pulling the trigger."

Mr. WUSS's statement is completely TRUE! if we amend it with a little phrase, ""Far fewer guns in America IN CRIMINAL HANDS would logically result in far fewer deaths from people pulling the trigger."

or perhaps

"Far MORE guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans would logically result in far fewer deaths from criminals pulling the trigger."

or maybe

"Far MORE guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans would logically result in far more deaths of criminals before they pull the trigger."

Wow. There's some real logic here!
    When a criminal busts down your door in the middle of the night, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a phone?

When a thug shoves a gun in your face in the mall parking lot, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a cellphone?

Quote Originally Posted by SA-XD40 View Post
    "Far MORE guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans would logically result in far more deaths of criminals before they pull the trigger."
    You have to remember, though, that for these ultra-left liberals, what you propose above is a bad thing. After all, violent criminals are just disadvantaged and misunderstood, their lives are just as precious as anyone else's, and they shouldn't die in the commission of their crimes.

I think the important part here is the utter CONVENIENCE of it all. We're in the middle of a gun rights debate and *poof* he gets robbed by a scary gun with a laser on it. Well didn't that work out nicely!

Maybe he should read the Minneapolis Star and Tribune from last summer. Two people in Uptown were robbed at gunpoint. When one of the victims handed over his wallet, he was shot in the head for his troubles.

We wouldn't want more guns if the anti's would stop trying to take them away. The fact that they are trying to take them is the reason we need them. We all have the need for self-preservation but some people think we don't need the tools to do it in an efficient manner.

Last month, I WAS ROBBED AT 10 IN THE EVENING IN THE ALLEY BEHIND MY HOME. As I was carrying groceries inside, a man with a gun approached me where my car was parked. The gun he carried featured one of those red-dot laser beams, which he pointed right at my head. Because I’m anything but a James Bond type, I quickly complied with all of his requests. Perhaps because of my rapid response (it is called surrender), he chose not to shoot me; but he just as easily could have. What was to stop him?”
    How do you tell the difference between those that will shoot & those that won't if you comply???

Didn't help this young man. http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...ide.html?imw=Y

Monday, April 23, 2007

Approached by two robbers in an alley near the Capital Plaza shopping center in East Austin on Saturday night, a teenager and his father complied with every demand, police said, but it wasn't enough.

Gamaliel Jimenez Bohorquez, 18, was shot during the 10 p.m. robbery while he was walking home from church with his father, who was not injured, police said.

Emergency crews treated Bohorquez in the alley between Austin Cornerstone Church on Reinli Street and a Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits restaurant on Cameron Road before taking him to Brackenridge Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police said it was the sixth homicide in Austin this year.

Bohorquez and his father did not resist the two men robbing them, but the teen was shot anyway, police Sgt. Jessica Robledo said.

"I can't imagine how the father is feeling this morning," Robledo said, adding that Bohorquez's family is "absolutely devastated."

The robbers fled in a white car.

Police are looking for anyone who might have witnessed the shooting.

Investigators want to talk to the driver of a white pickup or sport-utility vehicle who they think might have seen the robbery, Robledo said.

The driver is not a suspect, she said. "They might not have realized what they were driving by," she said.

Detectives ask anyone with information to call the homicide tip line at 477-3588 or Crime Stoppers at 472-8477. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information.

Police declined to identify Bohorquez's father. Both were recent immigrants and may have been targeted for that reason, police said. Immigrants, who are often afraid to approach the police for help, are frequently targeted by criminals. Police would not say from what country the father and son had moved.

In November, Austin-area law enforcement agencies started a campaign, financed by a U.S. Justice Department grant, to encourage more victims and witnesses to come forward without fear of being questioned about their immigration status. The campaign is intended to spread the message to Spanish speakers that help is available through social service organizations, churches and police.

Investigators do not ask victims or witnesses whether they are in the United States legally, Austin police spokesman Kevin Buchman said. "Immigration status does not play a role with police investigations in the City of Austin," Buchman said.

mbloom@statesman.com; (512) 392-8750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links