Very Skeptical but now Sold on Pocket Carry! - Page 3

Very Skeptical but now Sold on Pocket Carry!

This is a discussion on Very Skeptical but now Sold on Pocket Carry! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm Your pants are too tight for the amount of added girth you're adding. No two ways about it. The P3AT in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Your pants are too tight for the amount of added girth you're adding. No two ways about it.

The P3AT in a decently discreet/thin holster should not print, assuming the pants give it enough room. Can't imagine those pants supporting the concealment of a 2" S&W snubbie revolver, then.

I'm nobody's svelte athlete, these days, but with the right pants I can conceal even my CZ P01 in a pocket. Of course, to do that takes pants that would put me on a hoodie-homey target list at the police precinct for sure. Tailors can do wonders, with certain clothing. In other cases, different clothing is called for. Still, the point is: adjustments to clothing might well be necessary for a given mode of carry. That should be acceptable, given that your life depends on it.

Data points: KelTec P3AT in a DeSantis Nemesis holster marginally disappears in Dockers dressy-casual slacks (relaxed fit), but completely disappears with a K&D Pocket Defender. In either case, a bulge is visible, but it's well-camouflaged. The same rigs (P3AT+Nemesis, P3AT+PD) completely disappear in the Cabela's 7-pocket Hiker slacks (with ~cargo-style main pockets, w/ accordion-style expansion folds). Can't wear even this slim carry package in any of the dress slacks I've got, since they're too darned close to the skin as it is. Use of those screams "Gun!" anytime I'm packing. Used to carry a S&W 442 snubbie in a Mitch Rosen Pocket Softy holster, and that had a neoprene facing pad that made it all-but-flat to anyone looking at that pocket. Worked very well, despite the larger girth of the revolver's cylinder.

The point? Adjust the garments to suit, else accept a degree of "printing."
    Yep, I completely agree with all that you've said. My work attire is button-down long-sleeved tucked-in dress shirt (no tie), with dress trousers. The dress trousers material is so thin that anything shows straight through. I can even see the P3AT's side clip through the pants when I sit down even though they are not tight when standing up.

I have an older padded holster for my 442 that I rarely use. I will try cutting it down and re-sewing so that the kel-tec is completely covered but one side is open down to just above the trigger-guard for easy drawing. This should completely obscure the shape of what's in my front pocket and look like a second wallet.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

My employer will not allow handguns on the premises but if I could carry my P3AT I would use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Has anyone tried the lanyard carry around the neck? Seems like it might be a viable option when some can't seem to get hand and fingers out of pocket in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by rwojcik View Post
    Has anyone tried the lanyard carry around the neck? Seems like it might be a viable option when some can't seem to get hand and fingers out of pocket in a timely manner.

was at a DNR firearms safety class for kids where the instructor wore one just like that unnoticed all night.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links